Why why why

Aero1987

Everything keeps breaking I have replaced everything that is plastic that I can change to aluminum except the posts that hold the body is the only thing that I haven't got yet and now I fried a ecs I have spent over 500 dollars on this truck and just seems like it's always something is anyone else haven the same problem

I'm really getting to the point to just sell this truck I'm getting tired of all the problems im haven

Yeah I too break something every time I turn the trucks on. I haven't had as bad of luck as you though, with me ecxs. There is such a thing as too much aluminium. You want to have some plastic parts to flex in a crash. Rpm makes great parts, I would recommend their a-arms for sure. Also a nice TBR bumper helps a lot too. (T Bone Racing). All rc vehicles break, like "heyit'sme" mentioned. These ecxs are quite tough, especially for their cost. I break more stuff on my axial wraith then my 2 ecxs, and that's a slow crawler. Driving style has a lot to it too. Can't beat the snot out of them like some YouTube videos, and expect it to hold up. Is tbis your first rc vehicle? Is your truck over powered? And is the slipper working properly?

I have only broke the front steering block because the screws are so short. Replaced with aluminum. But I've burned up two motors. And my dog didn't like my car, so she ate the plastic body...

I don't bash my truck and I have been in to rc since I was a kid so I know what I'm doing but it just seems like every time I take to out it brakes

Everything keeps breaking I have replaced everything that is plastic that I can change to aluminum except the posts that hold the body is the only thing that I haven't got yet and now I fried a ecs I have spent over 500 dollars on this truck and just seems like it's always something is anyone else haven the same problem
O

I thinks ecx has really done themselves a disservice with the Ruckus. It has a basically good structure so the best thing that you can do is start with the brushless truck which has steel gears. I changed mine along with the driveshafts( with slight modification) inexpensive traxxas slash shafts. The correct upgrade for this truck would be the 3600 kv motor and reliable waterproof esc. Say from Castle. Gear I it down to between 11 to 15 teeth on the pinion gear( on the motor) adjust the slipper clutch to around two turns from tight, and you will have the power and drivetrain that every adult will eventually want.Ecx should do a recall, frankly.

It's how horizon hobby makes its money. We buy lots of parts. I've spent 250 in the first month I've had the car. My mother bought me the car. So I upgraded to brushless. Broke a couple of plastic pieces. Bought batteries. Expensive hobby.

It's how horizon hobby makes its money. We buy lots of parts. I've spent 250 in the first month I've had the car. My mother bought me the car. So I upgraded to brushless. Broke a couple of plastic pieces. Bought batteries. Expensive hobby.

Yup. I bought a brushed ruckus 2wd and the 2s Lopo runs for about 5 mins then drops to barely moving across the yard. Put a 5000mah 2s Lipo in it and I’m braking my way through the parts. I do enjoy the mechanic work but I think I’ve gotten a total of an hour of run time. You’re right, I guess it’s the nature of the hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thinks ecx has really done themselves a disservice with the Ruckus. It has a basically good structure so the best thing that you can do is start with the brushless truck which has steel gears. I changed mine along with the driveshafts( with slight modification) inexpensive traxxas slash shafts. The correct upgrade for this truck would be the 3600 kv motor and reliable waterproof esc. Say from Castle. Gear I it down to between 11 to 15 teeth on the pinion gear( on the motor) adjust the slipper clutch to around two turns from tight, and you will have the power and drivetrain that every adult will eventually want.Ecx should do a recall, frankly.[/QUOTE

I have a 4000kv motor and 3s and 2s lipos

I will l

The quest for bigger power and more speed on all my rcs is killing my wallet. I don't like it but I have come to accept it. Speed does kill it kills your bank account. The higher the speed the more costlier the crash.

And yes with most of my rcs I usually find a weakness and break something or somehow run into the only solid object within 20 yards again I don't like it but it is what it is.

All these videos of people jumping off houses getting monstrous air landing and not breaking that does not happen to me usually if there is a awkward way to land or hit something at the wrong angle something breaks and I end up saying "Ok what broke now"

I could keep things slow and break less parts but wheres the fun in that.

One thing to remember is that those guys jumping houses are not using rc's that cost under $250. Most are 1/8th scale which is much stronger, and a $1000 car doesn't have to skimp on things to make it cost effective. That said, some of you seem to be having bad luck. So far I've driven my Torment quite a bit and the only real break was a front a arm a couple weeks ago.
Also, the stock motors do tend to die easily, the same as most brushed rtr motors. When it goes, look into something of a better quality.

Just my thoughts

One thing to remember is that those guys jumping houses are not using rc's that cost under $250. Most are 1/8th scale which is much stronger, and a $1000 car doesn't have to skimp on things to make it cost effective. That said, some of you seem to be having bad luck. So far I've driven my Torment quite a bit and the only real break was a front a arm a couple weeks ago.
Also, the stock motors do tend to die easily, the same as most brushed rtr motors. When it goes, look into something of a better quality.

Just my thoughts

This is why I said what I said some can beat the crap out of something and never hardly break anything. Some are not so lucky (count me as a unlucky one).

I am glad you beat the crap out of your Torment and have not had any problems good for you again some are not so lucky. I was exaggerating about the house jumping I will admit. I am just saying some can beat the crap out of something and not have many problems but some will break things call it bad luck if you want.

Also yes for price things have to be skimped on.

Gear a brushed motor right and watch the heat brushed motors are fine. I don't stay brushed for long on anything though.

These are just my thoughts also

I'm sorry if my comment came off as an attack on you, that's what I meant to do. You may have been exaggerating about the house comment, but it is one that comes up. I was just trying to make that point so others that are reading may find it useful.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intention.

Youtube video's are really helping me figure out how to save money and get advice from experienced rc people. It is true that the ruckus is has a very tough platform. Just a few of the right parts, use good judgement and it can be a lot more fun. I was a little harsh to mention a recall
on these trucks because there is a recipe for success. Waiting for parts sure takes a lot of patience though.

The thing I almost always seem to be having is breaking my - wire of the motor... That is the soldering point closest to the ground and that's probably the reason. But if I turn the motor a bit then the + wire is lower the the ground so... that's an excuse to go brushless :D!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back