will this work to run ruckus in snow?

Joshnewb

wanna run my 2wd ruckus in the snow
gonna get t-bone skis and some paddle tires
wanna know if this cover will be enough
http://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ECT16C06;c=687

or if there is more to do to keep snow water out?
balloon around receiver i know
steering servo? plastidip? or....?
suggestions for esc?
and what about the nimh battery? ok to be left naked?
thanks for assisting the rookie

I have an upgraded waterproof, metal gear servo and splashproof brushless esc and run in snow no problem. The stock electronics in my originally brushed version were waterproof. As for the battery, I have run NiMH, soft pack lipos, and hard pack lipos in snow without a problem.

Paddle tires are a blast to run, but I have never run skis. I actually run my Ruckus with some mud/gravel tread tires I got off Amazon.

That cover looks like a good investment overall. Should keep the heavier build up of snow out at least.

This was with the stock tires on it.
20171216_163314.jpg

[GALLERY=media, 357]Saturday Afternoon Snow Ruckus - YouTube by streetracer621 posted Jan 2, 2018 at 11:55 AM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:
I would consider it just to keep it clean. I played in the mud yesterday and what a pita to clean my two Ruckus trucks!

Running lipos in snow or water terrifies me knowing what actually happens to them. I would say it’s best to try and a avoid water with lipos or have a really good way to dry them off quickly (within hours of getting them wet)

This is my current Ruckus snow setup:
Rdn3W8G.jpg

T-Bone Skis
17mm hex hubs
Hot racing “star” drive shafts
Stock EMaxx tires

I haven’t run it like this yet.

I had this setup last year:
cGSPxFG.jpg

1/8 Buggy paddle tires from Amazon.
The paddles sucked! Sank too fast the ski broke kinda fast and I lost gusto for the whole project. I decided to reach out to TBone and see if they would replace the broken parts, and they were great! I’ve since picked up a used EMaxx for snow bashing. I decided to get slingshots for it and figured I’d try the Stock EMaxx tires on the Ruckus. They’re probably going to shread the axles!

I may try a pair of slingshots from the Maxx on the Ruckus. I think the stock Maxx tires are wet. They feel ridiculously heavy.
9CJCISm.jpg

The EMaxx:
iiakFyb.jpg

The buggy paddles do ok on my heavily modified RC10GT. I’ll have to grab a pic of that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back