1/10TH Torment turnbuckles.

Biggman100

I see a lot of posts saying to use the Traxxas Slash turnbuckles, but, never any links or part numbers, so, will these work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3634424496...xmhnx7ZdPA%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMttW87qVf

What are the stock lengths for the steering and suspension links? When i measured them, i came out at roughly 73MM for the front links, and 85MM for the steering links, so the links i linked i dont think would work for the steering. I would prefer links with plastic ends, since the aluminum ones i listed tend to not be as tight as i would like, but, i will use them if need be, if they will work. Will turnbuckles from any other vehicle work?

Now, about the RPM servo eliminator, anyone have issues getting the aluminum sleeves into them? The one i picked up it seems the holes where they go arent drilled big enough, unless im really not understanding how it goes together. In the pic, the two pieces circled in black are supposed to get pushed in where i circled it in red, but, unless i really force them, they will not go, and im concerned if i force them too hard, it will break it.

73492.jpg

I dont remember which turn buckles they were from traxxas, I had just taken my stock plastic ones and matched them up, as far as the aluminum sleeves go the should just slip into the bushings in the ends of the arms

Just a side note, the adjustable turnbuckles, dont HAVE to be a "Traxxas" product, as long as the lengths are correct. With that said I cant find where I purchased mine from but they came in a set, I went with the captured end links. I'll keep looking for ya.

As far as the aluminum sleeves go, i think mine just popped in with a tiny bit of force.
If I remember I will look at my setup tonight, if that helps, or can help.

Just a side note, the adjustable turnbuckles, dont HAVE to be a "Traxxas" product, as long as the lengths are correct. With that said I cant find where I purchased mine from but they came in a set, I went with the captured end links. I'll keep looking for ya.

As far as the aluminum sleeves go, i think mine just popped in with a tiny bit of force.
correct they dont have to be traxxas, just easier to get a hold of, every hobby shop that carries traxxas has them is why

correct they dont have to be traxxas, just easier to get a hold of, every hobby shop that carries traxxas has them is why
My issue is that i dont have a local shop that's less than 60 miles from me, in the wrong direction i typically travel, so, most of the time it is just easier to order them online. The ones i linked, the hole spacing is 70-88MM, and, when i measured mine, the steering links seemed to be right around 85MM, so i think i am going to look for some that are a bit longer. Only having them turned in 3MM is a bit concerning.

you can get Amp spesific turn buckles from ebay I found a set just type in ecx amp and it all pops up they are from RCAWD

Now if only i could find someone who has done the aluminum Axial transmission swap, i would be done with upgrades for it for now. I keep having issues blowing spur gears, and i think its because the brushless set up i am using causes the motor to flex away from the spur. I have ruined 2 of the stock spurs, a Losi 22S spur, and two Axial AX10 32P spurs in less than 3 weeks. I saw a video where this transmission: https://www.amazon.com/Turnbuckles-...8LH4LSM/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B098LH4LSM&psc=1 will drop in with very little modification, but, since it is a crawler transmission, is that going to cause the Torment to run slow or not?

there is a metal gear upgrade for ecx for the stock tranny case, also if your slipper is to tight or to loose that will cause the spur to shred, its all how you control the throttle really

there is a metal gear upgrade for ecx for the stock tranny case, also if your slipper is to tight or to loose that will cause the spur to shred, its all how you control the throttle really
Im not having issues with the internal gears, just the spur. The teeth on it keep getting ground off, which means i have to replace it almost every battery. It doesn't happen when i run it on flat ground, only when im jumping it, which is why i think its flexing at the part where the motor sits, causing the pinion to pull away from the spur then slam back into it. This one is from a Losi 22S:

IMG_20211118_183042012.jpg

and didn't last 5 minutes. This is the first truck i have ever owned that i have had this many spur issues.

I would avoid those eBay and Amazon special turnbuckles. The rod ends on them are a complete joke and just compound the suspension slop. In all honesty I would avoid most anything made by RCAWD their parts are made for bling and oftentimes don't even fit properly or work.

I used Arrma Typhon 3s turnbuckles on mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-BIG-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
It would be a good idea to replace the pivot balls with metal ones.

Last edited:
I would avoid those eBay and Amazon special turnbuckles. The rod ends on them are a complete joke and just compound the suspension slop. In all honesty I would avoid most anything made by RCAWD their parts are made for bling and oftentimes don't even fit properly or work.

I used Arrma Typhon 3s turnbuckles on mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-BIG-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
It would be a good idea to replace the pivot balls with metal ones.
That works, since i already have 2 complete sets of the Arrma ones from my Granite/Senton/Typhon hybrid project that i never used.

Im not having issues with the internal gears, just the spur. The teeth on it keep getting ground off, which means i have to replace it almost every battery. It doesn't happen when i run it on flat ground, only when im jumping it, which is why i think its flexing at the part where the motor sits, causing the pinion to pull away from the spur then slam back into it. This one is from a Losi 22S:

View attachment 7296

and didn't last 5 minutes. This is the first truck i have ever owned that i have had this many spur issues.
Just FYI, I have 4 Torments, Once I upgraded to brushless and a 3s LiPo, I burned through all 4 plastic spur gears, yes I robbed then from the other trucks LOL.
I ended up purchasing and installing the metal spur gear from Hot Racing. So far, so good, not that I expected to shell out a metal spur gear. And that also doesn't mean to not have good gear mesh and appropriate throttle control. LOL The latter I have none of, it's pegged most of the time..... ROFLMAO

EDIT: I also installed a new slipper clutch at the same time.

Just FYI, I have 4 Torments, Once I upgraded to brushless and a 3s LiPo, I burned through all 4 plastic spur gears, yes I robbed then from the other trucks LOL.
I ended up purchasing and installing the metal spur gear from Hot Racing. So far, so good, not that I expected to shell out a metal spur gear. And that also doesn't mean to not have good gear mesh and appropriate throttle control. LOL The latter I have none of, it's pegged most of the time..... ROFLMAO

EDIT: I also installed a new slipper clutch at the same time.
I have never ran mine on 3S, and i burnt through 4 spurs in a very short time. Mine not only sees heavy full throttle, but a lot of air time, on multiple surfaces, so the motor mount probably flexes a lot.

I bought the all metal Axial transmission, only to find the diff is fully locked, and, because of its design, it cant be unlocked (im pretty sure the diff and outputs are one solid piece), so now i am on a hunt for a ball diff that will work in it. Its not wide enough for the stock ECX gear diff.

I see a lot of posts saying to use the Traxxas Slash turnbuckles, but, never any links or part numbers, so, will these work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363442449613?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item549edbaccd:g:rhsAAOSwcC9g0ObB&amdata=enc:AQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsS5%2FLJbfonbQUYd49AU1AJYypRVTWEKDSFO4ZZwKHxagS8MSZ4QCk3nnzvHHkiLIZzNUizQp0NTBMYkXWI8rahsPkpu4Bi6Z6sH3Bn6%2F8jdtNyzUuAPx7pkowPIg95pdFWSShoBiumkHv%2FdDbx%2FQhGcUcyMHT7zwp0w8L5Rq6mdjsEXKAcI3eEK2yZsBjozT%2FZYKZa%2FSwLJeX60hmsqeUNNIx8GVIW1CpxjQphZ4TqVio5zgrhRP6vQrBkckN%2BRqVR2qbNFlTNxvB6WpbHZTiZ%2F3crMDrJ6S795CtJf3QMA%2BUUbyomypaK5DZMOb5aOF07GSVTGx502A0J%2BuQd22hGhRYaE9F41JlMzb02TdTqtF%2FgxSuGKlp6JiBS39X%2BISGl1H62kgTh%2Flo0CjzDrPL5XGABv%2BUuDLWY%2BIr2T3Ryr6n8v%2FFC9nO0aHwByiCJtwGk9woPAa2eZQPSA1tPNzbMGPhKgUQp7a%2FoppI6JJiNITZcxQf9UQOkfkSBkyf5yyrRG5nhV5fQv7PXjZEnEhYuoEdl2DsbUYRLFRACsS9ry32k%2B7vc9pwt5sDLx4COIO%2B%2FHvf5gKo31lFyO87uz4OFnvDJXI8mOhly3aV3rluOGSuonZ6%2BM2YKYYbUq9gXXU9iv%2FuW7ZfdjE8IvJIhfE1phzrSjclVok%2BcZqTvUHQMiHl2o0PZpCf0g8bUIwOoE0kT22fHqXMJ%2Fvu8glamTyNfVaKHi991R0Lw%2FxqG6yzjaXBirLaBE0g8KjCn6ZkAgBN2%2BjNpEBjSpm0s7pQyeIquZiL7PlU9niF0B%2FgqRsZUPeWrmBRcIrWPAmSD%2FAnhm8NAaSKh%2Fc6LC3XTxmhnx7ZdPA%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMttW87qVf

What are the stock lengths for the steering and suspension links? When i measured them, i came out at roughly 73MM for the front links, and 85MM for the steering links, so the links i linked i dont think would work for the steering. I would prefer links with plastic ends, since the aluminum ones i listed tend to not be as tight as i would like, but, i will use them if need be, if they will work. Will turnbuckles from any other vehicle work?

Now, about the RPM servo eliminator, anyone have issues getting the aluminum sleeves into them? The one i picked up it seems the holes where they go arent drilled big enough, unless im really not understanding how it goes together. In the pic, the two pieces circled in black are supposed to get pushed in where i circled it in red, but, unless i really force them, they will not go, and im concerned if i force them too hard, it will break it.

View attachment 7295
I would not buy those turnbuckles, go with stock turnbuckles for a Traxxas Slash they are very good quality. The ones you posted with the link are very sloppy. As for the servo Eliminator those sleeves should just slide right in, shouldn't have to force them. If you need to there's probably a video on it on YouTube.

I see a lot of posts saying to use the Traxxas Slash turnbuckles, but, never any links or part numbers, so, will these work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363442449613?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item549edbaccd:g:rhsAAOSwcC9g0ObB&amdata=enc:AQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsS5%2FLJbfonbQUYd49AU1AJYypRVTWEKDSFO4ZZwKHxagS8MSZ4QCk3nnzvHHkiLIZzNUizQp0NTBMYkXWI8rahsPkpu4Bi6Z6sH3Bn6%2F8jdtNyzUuAPx7pkowPIg95pdFWSShoBiumkHv%2FdDbx%2FQhGcUcyMHT7zwp0w8L5Rq6mdjsEXKAcI3eEK2yZsBjozT%2FZYKZa%2FSwLJeX60hmsqeUNNIx8GVIW1CpxjQphZ4TqVio5zgrhRP6vQrBkckN%2BRqVR2qbNFlTNxvB6WpbHZTiZ%2F3crMDrJ6S795CtJf3QMA%2BUUbyomypaK5DZMOb5aOF07GSVTGx502A0J%2BuQd22hGhRYaE9F41JlMzb02TdTqtF%2FgxSuGKlp6JiBS39X%2BISGl1H62kgTh%2Flo0CjzDrPL5XGABv%2BUuDLWY%2BIr2T3Ryr6n8v%2FFC9nO0aHwByiCJtwGk9woPAa2eZQPSA1tPNzbMGPhKgUQp7a%2FoppI6JJiNITZcxQf9UQOkfkSBkyf5yyrRG5nhV5fQv7PXjZEnEhYuoEdl2DsbUYRLFRACsS9ry32k%2B7vc9pwt5sDLx4COIO%2B%2FHvf5gKo31lFyO87uz4OFnvDJXI8mOhly3aV3rluOGSuonZ6%2BM2YKYYbUq9gXXU9iv%2FuW7ZfdjE8IvJIhfE1phzrSjclVok%2BcZqTvUHQMiHl2o0PZpCf0g8bUIwOoE0kT22fHqXMJ%2Fvu8glamTyNfVaKHi991R0Lw%2FxqG6yzjaXBirLaBE0g8KjCn6ZkAgBN2%2BjNpEBjSpm0s7pQyeIquZiL7PlU9niF0B%2FgqRsZUPeWrmBRcIrWPAmSD%2FAnhm8NAaSKh%2Fc6LC3XTxmhnx7ZdPA%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMttW87qVf

View attachment 7295
I wouldn't go with the turnbuckles you have in the link they are sloppy, get the stock Traxxas Slash turnbuckles for it. As for The Eliminator those sleeves should just slide right in make sure you are putting them in the right place. If you're still having trouble there is probably a video on YouTube showing you how to do it. I never had a problem with mine, I've done a few of them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back