1/18 Ruckus ESC issue

Maxxaction

Hey guys...

Looking for a little guidance. Three years ago, I bought my son a 1/18 Ruckus for Christmas. He ran it a few times and it worked fine, but he kinda lost interest , and it sat for about two years.

For christmas this year, his younger brother got a Traxxas Stampede, so he thought it would be cool for them to run them together, and we got it out and tried to charge it, and the battery wouldn't take a charge.

Today I went and bought a new battery, charged it, and he took it out to run it and it ran fine, until the first time it got bumped hard, and it lost power. So he brought it to me, I checked all the connections, everything seemed it order, so I just dropped it on the table from about 6 inches, and it powered up.

I took the ESC apart to see if there was a broken connection or a loose wire, and everything looks fine, but it is still going off and on. Hits a bump it goes off, shake it or drop it, it will come back on.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this? I can buy a new ESC, but it's thirty bucks and I think we only paid ninety for the truck to begin with. Thanks for the input.

I hate to admit it, but with that particular scale model...that's what you are dealing with. The reciever/esc is all in one. The other option is to upgrade the radio equipment, so you can have them seperate. This option costs a little more money and requires being creative. I would pursue option #2 if the model was something to be used for some time.

When you say loosing power, are you saying loosing power to the wheels? Or lights are out on the ESC and nothing is happening? I've seen plenty of intermittent power switches before cause similar issues to this.

So he brought it to me, I checked all the connections, everything seemed it order, so I just dropped it on the table from about 6 inches, and it powered up.

I took the ESC apart to see if there was a broken connection or a loose wire, and everything looks fine, but it is still going off and on. Hits a bump it goes off, shake it or drop it, it will come back on.

**I cannot but be reminded of the TV series "Tool Time"...uh, uh,uh....Beat It Into Repair! (start with curious taps on esc.. move on to sniffing, and then dropping..lol)

Latest posts

Members online

Back