1/18 Ruckus summer build

Model number for the 2-n-1 ESC and receiver is SPMSRX210.
I was wrong on his transmitter, it is a Dx2e.

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels.

Model number for the 2-n-1 ESC and receiver is SPMSRX210.
I was wrong on his transmitter, it is a Dx2e.

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels.

Yep those two won't work together they use different radio protocols. You need a STX2 to work. You made one of your Torments brushless if I remember you can use that esc in the mini Ruckus if you decide just to ditch running the stock 2 in 1 then you would have a esc with lipo cutoff. Of course you would need a new tx/rx but sounds like you're going to have to at least get a new transmitter anyway.

Yep, that is what I was thinking when I looked at them this morning.
I guess I'll have to bite that bullet now, cause I really want to make sure there are no hidden drive train issues, with this car itself.
I would like to see it move on it's own before slapping a bunch of mods onto it.

But I do have a check lists of sorts to think about and procure, bearings, shims, radio....... ect.
I mean it's going to be apart, might as well throw some new bearings in it at least.

Did I happen to mention how tiny they are...… LoL
I'm not a big fan of how they did the battery box thing either.

I can't tell what you have in your Ruckus a model number (for the 2 in 1) would be nice. The old ones were different the new ones work with the STX2. You have a brand new 2 in 1 esc/rx in the package to try that should work with the STX2.

Need to know model numbers of the esc and the transmitter you have now to see if anything will work together.

Bushings in the hub carriers as mentioned earlier I would replace those with rubber shielded bearings.

Those Talon wheels will probably overheat your stock motor running lipo and steering end points will have to be set because full lock (left/right) I believe will rub on the a-arms.
And rub the chassis. I tried with mine.

I did do some poking on this the other day while I was threatening the torments receiver.

Without electric being applied, I did do a full lock to lock on the steering with these wheels and tires on.
It does almost rub the chassis on the back side of the a-arms, as well as almost rubs the a-arms on the front.
Now this is without electrics being applied, so I assume one could dial that out with steering trim? No?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back