1/18 Ruckus with LiPo?

Small Bird

I already know I can use 2s LiPo batteries on 1/10 AMP, with LV alarm, with no problem (generally speaking).
But would it be safe to put LiPo battery in small 1/18 Ruckus? It has different Rx/ESC.
I don't need more power,- Ruckus's small motor is working hard and getting warm, ( it is normal as far as I am concerned). I will dial down throttle if I use Lipo.
I just want longer run time per charge.
Anybody tried?

you can get higher milliamp nickle metal hydrite batteries for your truck, if i am right it only comes with a 900mah right, go with a 1600 or 1800 that will give you longer run times

2S LIPo is 7.4 volts vs 7.2 for a 6 cell NiMh so its a little more power but not a huge jump. 3S is a huge increase as it goes to 11.1v. I have a little 1/18 Haiboxing truck I got my son for Christma. it’s not working because the LiIon pack has a bad cell (thank you voltage alarm/checker) so I just ordered one of these: DLG 7.4V 800mAh 2S 20C Burst 40C LiPO Li-Po High-Discharge Rate Powerful Battery with JST Plug https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ARCC9CM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_0kydFb073EPVC

Look at the specs and see if it will fit in the battery box for your ruckus. A replacement LiIon pack was double the price. To test it I connected a 2S 7,000 mAh 55C battery and it ran just fine. Well as fine as it could with a battery bigger than the truck zip tied to it. :p

You can get a higher mAh NiMh pack as long as you stick to 7.2 volts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back