noticed 2 or 3 of wheels wobbling as it rolled down the street

just put in new front and rear axles
still does it

swapped wheels around, swapped hex nuts around

still only have right rear rolling without any wobble

bad tires? (stock dynamite shootout mt)
bent wheel pins maybe?

help

Are your wheels terribly out of balance? Disconnect the driveshafts, put the chassis on a brick so the wheels are free to turn, and see if they have a strong preference to rest with one side down. One of my amps has some sludge in one of the wheels and it shudders quite badly. Haven't gotten round to fixing it yet, but I hear golf club balancing tape is a quick fix.

rotated all wheels around to front and rear and/or left and right
both front tires and left rear all wobble while right rear remains straight/true
leads me to believe it's not the wheels/tires

after my post last night i swapped right side rear and front tires, and the front wobbled while rear stayed straight

knowing my luck i'll buy new wheels/tires and i'll still have an issue LOL

I have a Torment (same as Ruckus) and mine does the same with all 4 wheels. From what I've red the stock tires are crap. I'm looking for new set. There are also posts here where you can find some recomendations.

was kinda wondering if tires
wasn't sure though after moving all tires around and geting mixed results
my gf was kind enough to remind me i did run it in snow once
so maybe some crap got inside

looking at the 2.8 trenchers, seem to be more versatile tire
mx28's look like i'd be stuck in dirt, or more like anything but pavement

one of my rear ecx aluminum hexes pops off when i change tire
ordered hot racing hexes with clamping screws

put on newest HR driveshafts
HR hexes (like the clamp screws), one of the rear ecx aluminum hexes would pop off everytime i took off tire
most of slop from tires gone, ordered an ECX washer/shim kit today
now only wobble while rolling
so gonna order some trenchers this week
want the badlands, but too narrow for me
plus where i live and do most bashing i need something for pavement and dirt/gravel/sand

thanks for all the input

I drilled 1/8 inch holes in the tires two 180° from each other in the middle of the tread it helps drain out sludge and nasty stuff from driving in water or loose surfaces.

The stock tires are bad unless you want studded tires that make sparks on cement;)

Some wobble comes from the inherent looseness of the fixed turnbuckles. They are very resilient to hard blows, but are not tight like the racing brands.

The pivot balls in the camber links front and rear do create some slop. In time the pivot balls wear out and create more slop. Grab one wheel tilt the wheel in towards the chassis then away you will see and feel the play in the links.

i have installed Team Associated titanium turnbuckles with RPM rod ends
also switched to Team Associated ball studs, little thicker, and longer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back