4wd ruckus 1/10

Aero1987

Is the 4wd 1/10 ruckus brushed have metal gears or do you have to change it over to metal gears I may be getting one and I want to put a brushless motor that I have from my 2wd 1/10 ruckus in it with brushless speed control

My understanding is with the 2wd, ones that come brushed have plastic gears and ones that come brushless have metal gears. Got mine used with brushed and it had plastic gears. I immediately swapped a cheap GoolRC brushless kit in and ran it a year before chewing up the gears. I recently swapped 17mm MT tires on and have been chewing driveshafts up. So I swapped to metal driveshafts and now am chewing plastic tranny gears up. I will be switching to metal tranny gears soon.
My feeling is that the driveshafts are going to tear before the tranny gears get it too bad. Keep the slipper loose enough that it only wheelies on hard throttle and you tranny should be fine with plastic gears.

The one I have has all metal gears except slipper

The one I have has all metal gears except slipper

CuyuHmN.jpg

Mine is an early model sold as an Electrix before they switched to ECX. So that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Yeah the one I got I got off eBay its brand new o got for 121 dollars with out a battery but I have 3 batteries I run 2s and 3s lipo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back