87T Gears Tearing Up

cmilla0507

Would a metal gear work out better? I went through 2 87T gears in 2 days. AMP with upgraded Traxxas motor and 2S Lipo battery.

Would a metal gear work out better? I went through 2 87T gears in 2 days. AMP with upgraded Traxxas motor and 2S Lipo battery.
They do. But also adjust your slipper. If your mesh or slipper not set right. You'll eat gears. I went through only two plastic Spurs in 4 ish years. And both was my fault. And under 5700kv power at that time. But metal will work out better. But you can still destroy them too with bad gear meshes.

They do. But also adjust your slipper. If your mesh or slipper not set right. You'll eat gears. I went through only two plastic Spurs in 4 ish years. And both was my fault. And under 5700kv power at that time. But metal will work out better. But you can still destroy them too with bad gear meshes.
Thanks for the advice. I have another coming this week.

Doc, if you go to metal make sure its a harden steel spur. You will also have to change out the pinion to harden steel. Dont run harden steel along with mild steel (soft) as you will eat up the mild steel gear.

Doc, if you go to metal make sure its a harden steel spur. You will also have to change out the pinion to harden steel. Dont run harden steel along with mild steel (soft) as you will eat up the mild steel gear.
Great point. I forgot that too. I personally don't run nothing smaller than mod 1 anymore on any of my ecx rigs. But sure that will help some folks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back