A few questions

Davis

Wanting to upgrade my ecx mt and just had a few questions. First can I run a 2s lipo in there and just get a low voltage alarm for the esc? Second if I put some proline trenches on there what size should I get? Lastly, is this a good servo for replacing the stock one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ ? Thanks

Yes, you can use a 2S LiPo with a low voltage alarm. That's what I do and it works well.

That Hitec servo is a good replacement. (The stock servos are pretty mush so it's not difficult to do better!) :)

Can't tell you anything about the tires.

i went lipo with the alarm and a 15t motor. It moves pretty good right now. It has the 18t pinion in it still. I was thinking of doing the 20t pinion if it doesn't get to hot.

I run a Dynamite 15T 550 motor (a little longer and provides more torque than the 15T 540 motor) and tried running with a 20T pinion. I felt that it started to run a little hot after about 30-40 mins of running at full throttle for most of the time. (Couldn't comfortably hold my finger on the motor for more than 5 seconds.)

Went back down to the stock 18T pinion and I can drive the car for longer before it starts to feel too hot.

Obviously there are other factors, such as the size of the tires, the terrain, the ambient temperature that can affect motor temperature so go ahead and experiment but just keep an eye on motor temps. You can use the "5-second touch test" but an IR thermometer is a better way to monitor temps. They're relatively inexpensive at hardware stores (US$20 or less). Use the thermometer for your first few runs and you'll get a sense for how the motor responds to various terrains and running conditions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back