A few upgrades completed on my AMP DB

moretracks

IMG_20160404_192819177.jpg
  • Novak Hammer Combo motor and ESC
  • RPM Servo Saver
  • Traxxas turnbuckles front end put in this evening will see how they do in the coming days.
Really liking the Novak system alot.

Still looking for the right tires to put on it yet. If you got any feedback on them?
Fun car for sure.

Looking good!! I've been searching for new tires myself and don't know what to get. I like the treads but hate the bounce due to no foam insert.

Guys-- the RPM steering bellcrank set is NOT a "servo saver." It is called a "servo saver ELIMINATOR" Just so you know. If you're using a metal-geared steering servo and a plastic horn you should be okay. (I've tested this combination several times already and broken a plastic servo horn-- which is exactly what I hoped would happen.) But if you're using a plastic-geared servo, you might want to consider a servo-mounted servo saver from Kimbrough.

As for the tires, you can purchase JConcepts white foam inserts separately. You just need to bevel the edges with scissors. You can find them at AMain, Ebay, etc. http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/and1-110th-truck-tire-insert-firm-2pc

That's a great idea!! but what is the best method to get tires off rims? I know people boil them but I've heard this doesn't always work.

I don't think there is a single "best" method. I've boiled plastic parts that were superglued together and they came apart in just a few minutes. I don't have a time for tires... I'd start water boiling, drop in the tires, wait just a couple of minutes and then fish them out with tongs. Careful you don't burn yourself! Try pulling the tire off. If not possible, drop the tire back in for another couple of minutes. Try again. Boiling is apparently more successful than other chemical solvents.

You can also go buy some acetone at your local hardware store. Put on some rubber/nitrile gloves. Get a dropper or syringe and fill with acetone and then drip along the bead. give it a few minutes and try pulling the bead off the rim. Apply a few more drops of acetone. Repeat.

I've also read about people just submerging their tire/wheel in a container of acetone for a couple of hours or a day. I've also read about tires and wheels dissolving or warping in acetone!

Either method, please use precautions- gloves, safety glasses, etc. (Speaking from experience!)

I don't think there is a single "best" method. I've boiled plastic parts that were superglued together and they came apart in just a few minutes. I don't have a time for tires... I'd start water boiling, drop in the tires, wait just a couple of minutes and then fish them out with tongs. Careful you don't burn yourself! Try pulling the tire off. If not possible, drop the tire back in for another couple of minutes. Try again. Boiling is apparently more successful than other chemical solvents.

You can also go buy some acetone at your local hardware store. Put on some rubber/nitrile gloves. Get a dropper or syringe and fill with acetone and then drip along the bead. give it a few minutes and try pulling the bead off the rim. Apply a few more drops of acetone. Repeat.

I've also read about people just submerging their tire/wheel in a container of acetone for a couple of hours or a day. I've also read about tires and wheels dissolving or warping in acetone!

Either method, please use precautions- gloves, safety glasses, etc. (Speaking from experience!)

I'll give the boil method a shot thx i_r_beej

WHAT?! I LOVE THOSE WHEELS AND TIRES! I LOVE THAT CAR! Can I have it? ;)

So, what tires and wheels are you using?

The tires I am using are JConcepts Double Dee's #3002 on the rear and the Groovy #3004 on the front with Speedline Buggy Wheels.
IMG_20160406_174115679.jpg
Just a couple of test runs on them so far. Really helped alot with the bounce of the factory tires. These are a much lower profile of tire. Bringing the car a bit closer to the ground. The control of the rig is greatly improved at this point.

Got the bearing upgrade done this evening for the whole rig including the transmission. I used Traxxas sealed blue bearings through out the upgrade. All fit nicely with no problems. Will test run tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20160408_190814827.jpg
    IMG_20160408_190814827.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160408_202311633.jpg
    IMG_20160408_202311633.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20160408_191515926.jpg
    IMG_20160408_191515926.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Members online