Amp build problem [solved]

Sanch

Hi guys, I'm brand new to rc and had a problem while building the amp kit. The attached pic sums up the problem.

I have contacted the retailer here in Western Australia where I bought it from and they responded as follows:

"Yes, it just looks like when the screw was first put in, it has cross-threaded itself. That part does not have a thread in it, the thread is cut as you wind the screw in. As that is part of the steering assembly, it is required to move freely... We sell replacement parts so you can start again if you can not rectify it."

Clearly he is putting it down to human error. Does that sound reasonable to you guys? It was strange because both screws on the right hand part went in crooked so seemed more like the holes were drilled incorrectly on that one or something. But I'm brand new to rc and have never built anything like this so I'm not sure.

Any advice about what to expect of the retailer or how to manually rectify a cross thread like this would be really appreciated.

(I mentioned this problem in my introduction post yesterday but thought it could be worth re-posting here. Sorry if that's annoying).

Cheers

Attachments

• ECX amp problem.jpg
    ECX amp problem.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 22
Nevermind guys, I just spent another 15 mins fiddling around screwing them in and out and finally got them in straight. It's all good.

Those shoulder screws are know to pop out during a crash. Since yours was cross threaded its even weaker now. I would recommend buying aluminum steering knuckles. Both ecx and hot racing make them. Some have had success with using super glue or a light thread locker in the plactic steering knuckle, but that might make it worse when you need to take it apart.
The very least you should do is have more of them on hand. Very hard to find after a crash. Or just don't crash, if that's possible for you (isn't for me...)

Thanks Steve, that's the kind of knowledge that is really awesome to know. Are there any other spare parts that you recommend having on hand besides the shoulder screws? 7 year olds can be quite impatient waiting a week to fix a problem!

I agree with Steve, go with the hot Racing or ECX aluminum steer knuckles, that's what I use on my Amp.

20181206_182150.jpg20190113_200425.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back