amp mt brushless ?

mark66

hi new here just built a amp mt i have a castle sidewinder 5700kv esc combo running stock gearing . is the motor to much i think the kv is to much .whats your thoughts thanks.

you're probably going to want to upgrade the transmission to metal gears. part # ecx 9001. the plastic gears are pretty tough but not that tough.
that thing is gonna rip! please keep us posted

you're probably going to want to upgrade the transmission to metal gears. part # ecx 9001. the plastic gears are pretty tough but not that tough.
that thing is gonna rip! please keep us posted
Hi I’m only going to run 2 s or the nickel batteries that came in the kit hopefully the trans will last or like you said time to upgrade

Hi I’m only going to run 2 s or the nickel batteries that came in the kit hopefully the trans will last or like you said time to upgrade
yea on nimh they will be fine but even 2s it's just too much speed for those gears I'm afraid. 5700 kv is going to rip lol

Hi so I ran the new motor combo and I need to gear up for tq so smaller pinion and bigger spur I’m running stock gear what do you recommend and we’re to buy thanks

Hi so I ran the new motor combo and I need to gear up for tq so smaller pinion and bigger spur I’m running stock gear what do you recommend and we’re to buy thanks

as far as I know there isn't an ECX specific spur with a tooth count larger than the stock 48P 87T. They are all less tooth count (85, 83, 81) for more top end speed. I buy my hardened steel pinions from Robinson Racing.

For something this size that motor might struggle a little bit on the low end. Are you going to be driving on road or off road?

This is what Castle recommends to use that motor for.
Application Guidelines:For 2WD short course trucks on 2s LiPo and geared conservatively.
1/10th 2WD Stadium trucks and buggies on 2s for bashing and limited runs on 3s with conservative gearing.
Great for 1/10th scale on-road cars for 2s and 3s use.
NOT for use in 4WD short course trucks.
Please refer to our Gearing Chart for recommended motor, battery and gearing for some of the more popular vehicles on the market.

For off road use this motor will work much better imho https://www.castlecreations.com/castle-1410-sensored-motor-3800kv-060-0065-00

The Amp MT is a smaller sized 1/10 MT if it still has the stock tires it is about the same size and weight as a Traxxas Rustler 2wd which is a 1/10 2wd Stadium truck.

Amp.
Wheelbase11.6 in (294.6mm)
Front Track12.9 in (327.7mm)
Outer Diameter4.3 in (110mm)
Product Width12.9 in (327mm)
Rear Track12.9 in (327.7mm)
Product Weight3.44 lbs (1.6kg)

Rustler.
Length:17.5 inches (445 mm)
Front Track:12.25 inches (311 mm)
Rear Track:12.25 inches (311 mm)
Weight:59.6 ounces (1.69 kg)
Height (Overall):7 inches (178 mm)
Wheelbase:11.375 inches (289 mm)

This is how you will sit with that motor running 2s.

we4ytgfded.jpg

Hi I ran this setup in the grass and dirt on 2s and the motor and esc get hot I can home hand on both so I’m dropping the pinion too 16 tooth from 18 that should help on road the truck runs a little warm not bad at all so I’m close on a good setup thanks for your info

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back