AMP MT rear axle broke, how to repair?

Jon0822

I was bashing my AMP and well it just stopped accelerating after a while and I immediately checked and sure enough the left rear axle popped out and the part connecting to the motor had a piece snapped off, pictures included I need help identifying the parts to replace and whether there is metal options available as well as any extratools I need (right now I just have a small screwdriver) 5318ADA2192C-124D-4088-A719-3784ADCF05ED.jpeg5319

There is a pin set screw on the outdrive where it snapped. That's how it hold the axles to your diff gear that's in the trans. You don't have to remove the trans to remove the axles. Each side has a set pin. Use a hex driver and remove them. Put in a new set of axles. ECX part number ECX232000. For twice the cost of the stock axles you can get a steel set of Hot Racing axles part # HRASECT288X06. If you look up the stock axle part number and look at the image of the part you can see where the pin set screw hole is located. Hope this helps

There is a pin set screw on the outdrive where it snapped. That's how it hold the axles to your diff gear that's in the trans. You don't have to remove the trans to remove the axles. Each side has a set pin. Use a hex driver and remove them. Put in a new set of axles. ECX part number ECX232000. For twice the cost of the stock axles you can get a steel set of Hot Racing axles part # HRASECT288X06. If you look up the stock axle part number and look at the image of the part you can see where the pin set screw hole is located. Hope this helps
Hey it helped a bunch I was able to go and get the part today and get my truck fixed now I’m ready to take it bashing again out of town It’s been cooped up too long

Latest posts

Members online

Back