AMP MT Stock ESC Receiver Question

joceton

Hey, guys. I did some looking and digging and couldn't find any details on the max voltage for the Stock ESC. (ECX13010). I am currently running a 7.2 volt battery, but was wondering if I ran an 8.4V Battery, would I get a bit more speed, or would it burn the ESC? I've already inexplicably burnt out 1 ESC in 4 months with nothing but stock. I also know there is a lot of talk about how crappy the stock ESC is, so any suggestions on upgrade/replacement would be welcome too..

Hey, guys. I did some looking and digging and couldn't find any details on the max voltage for the Stock ESC. (ECX13010). I am currently running a 7.2 volt battery, but was wondering if I ran an 8.4V Battery, would I get a bit more speed, or would it burn the ESC? I've already inexplicably burnt out 1 ESC in 4 months with nothing but stock. I also know there is a lot of talk about how crappy the stock ESC is, so any suggestions on upgrade/replacement would be welcome too..
You can run it fine. But that stock setup is known to die on stock, 2s lipo and 8.4. So you never know. Just watch temps and have fun. But dont go any higher than that...stock also you can upgrade anything you like. Brush less make sure you upgrade the trans to metal gears and gear low to start. But if you go hotter brushed motor..just make sure esc can support it. A lot of options. Decided if your just bashing for fun. Or need something more extreme.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back