Amp not getting any power

jtomlin1973

Not getting any power when I plug in a fully charged battery. The ESC doesn't light up or make any sound, it's just dead. Very strange because it was working fine 2-3 days ago. No noticeable damage to any of the wiring. Any ideas what's going on? I'm guessing ESC is fried, but just strange that it was running fine just the other day. My son left the battery plugged in, could that have damaged the ESC? Car has very few hours on it and overall in great condition. thanks

If it's stock esc then yeh, time 4 an upgrade. Neva tend 2 last long the stock electronics.

I hav 2 Amp Mt n a Amp Db, the esc + servo generally die early on these. 3rd run on my sons Amp n we lost power, esc gone. 3-4 days later both the other 2 die on same day. So i dear say, no not your son's fault, but possible time for an upgrade.

Jtom, what battery are you using, nIMH or LiPo? You never want to leave the battery plugged in after use, the ESC will discharge it below its voltage cut off if using a LiPo.

Jtom, in a lipo battery, as the electrolyte breaks down you end up with lithium and oxygen. This forms lithium oxide on the anode and cathode (depending whether you are charging or discharging). ... This excess oxygen is part of what causes a battery to swell. And oxygen likes to burn.

I hav 2 Amp Mt n a Amp Db, the esc + servo generally die early on these. 3rd run on my sons Amp n we lost power, esc gone. 3-4 days later both the other 2 die on same day. So i dear say, no not your son's fault, but possible time for an upgrade.
yep, put a new one in and it's running again. thanks!

Jtom, in a lipo battery, as the electrolyte breaks down you end up with lithium and oxygen. This forms lithium oxide on the anode and cathode (depending whether you are charging or discharging). ... This excess oxygen is part of what causes a battery to swell. And oxygen likes to burn.
It was a nimh, not sure what happened but the ESC just quit. put a new one in and it's fine. Thanks for you reply!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back