Amp Transmission Upgrade

MOPAR63

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows any possible compatible metal transmissions for the amp. Also what is everyone's opinion on metal cv choices? I really like the hot racing ones but they are not available anywhere I can find!

One of my first upgrades was the metal gear set, i was more curious of an upgraded metal trans casing/assembly. I overtighten the case screw one time and it defected the plastic, but i also worry about landing on the back all the time eventually breaking it...i know you can buy replacement plastic housings, just really wanted something stronger!

I'm not aware of any metal transmission housings. Honestly I think the plastic housing is stronger and more resilient. Just go easy on tightening screws into the plastic components.

I used hot racing axles and gears. I shredded to sers of ECX metal gears. Could've been my lack of experience. Could have been the castle sidewinder on 3s.

Hello, do you know where you found those gears? I have been looking for a while and couldn't find any that fit.

Metal ecx gears are good. Never stripped them. The casings are really easy to strip I agree but metal will be more prone to bend into the gears in a unfortunate highly unlikely event. With the drive shafts I can honestly say the 10130 from mip worked wonders. They are a faff to build and need cleaning and degreasing before assembly properly so they will hold loctite in the threads as they’re greasy when u take them out the packet I’d also recommend running them pretty dry only grease the pin itself and the small inserts and clean excess grease away or it’s creating it’s self a cutting paste. Use good loctite. With these steps they’re fixed drive shafts we’re a headache for a while after using various metal ones that just Explode where the pins and spring hold it together The mip ones add weight that’s pretty much the only downfall. The washers play a bit part in it too Ive posted this before if your interested. Have a good day. ImnoexpertRC. Check the YouTube more content coming soon on the ecx

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back