Any help with gear stripping.

Ledged

Hey, for some reason I stripped 2 spur gears really, really fast. After replacing the new one, the mesh was good I believe at least, very little wobble and I could feel each groove. Then I did one run and looked at it, 1/3 of the spur gear was shredded, that's what caused the clicking noise also. I went on eBay and bought the axial wraith 32P gear kit thingy from someone, it's 13/54. Hopefully, the 32p gears will be strong enough. My questions are, is there anything I can do to make sure I don't strip the 32p gears?

Also. what size are turnbuckles for each stock ones? I want to buy some Traxxas turnbuckles but am not sure of what to choose for the steering assembly.

I run Associated 32p 58t spur gear with Robinson Racing 13t pinion in my Ruckus. Lots of times I bash without gear cover, no problems yet. The only spur I melted was running trough puddles, it was the OE 48p, and the nut got loose.
Traxxas turnbuckles I use #3644 (39 mm) and two #3643 (49mm).
Hope it helps.

I ordered an axial 32p kit, 54t spur, and a 13t pinion, for 15 bucks on eBay new :). I'm guessing the #3644 (39mm) is the back? So far the ecx boost is durrrraable physically. I did some ramps on a downhill slope where I live, a titan 12t motor pushing a buggy like 15 feet forward? Wooooo

I have a Ruckus, not sure if that turnbuckles will fit in the Boost, IIRC the arms are shorter. Maybe you can screw a few more turns each end, or practise a little surgery... You can also try looking for buggy turnbuckles, the measurements should be similar. Traxxas, for availability for all of you in USA, and Associated are the most used. The Associated are a direct swap, you'll need some ball studs, but they fit perfectly in the ECX ballstuds.With Traxxas you'll need screws.

Ok, I also broke my chassis :/. Might of missed a ramp, maaaaybe ;). I'm going to see if I can job weld the breakage point and have a stainless steel piece to hold it together. If not I'll pick up a circuit chassis, the circuits chassis is identical right? Found the circuit chassis for 4 bucks less so idk.

the circuits chassis is identical right? Found the circuit chassis for 4 bucks less so idk.
Not identical but very similar. The Circuit and AMP cars share the same chassis. It is a few millimeters longer than the Boost's. If you DO get a Circuit chassis you can just move over all the parts. There might be a couple of exceptions, but all the critical stuff should just bolt on with no problems.

The boost. My 32p gears arrived so my gears should be fine for a while. I ordered the circuit chassis, I only found the boost chassis at around 20$;/, figured they're pretty similar so hopefully, everything will work even if it takes some modifications.

Also, I have a spare dx2e with the receiver, lightly used, and a pair of the rear circuit a arms that I bought but never used, might have very very slight scuffs. I can sell this on eBay for around 15 bucks if anyone is willing. I don't have any use for it so don't want it to just sit around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back