Any ideas, my 18 v Mikita batt on my torment

Alldave2003

I want to know do I treat it like it’s a 6 s batt 22.2 volts and get a 150 amp esc? And has anyone triied it and how did it work

To my knowledge drill batteries are li-ion not Lipo but who cares an esc that big will have some sort of adjustment for LVC. I’m fairly confident a drill battery most likely not put out the amps needed for and rc set up and could cause big problems and if it’s a newer makita battery, chances are it has a over current protection and will shut down all the time.

I would say just save time and effort and buy a 6s Lipo or 2 3s and run them in series.

I've found a little info on this, as I was thinking the same thing, since I have a ton of ridgid 18v tools/batteries. Wouldn't have to worry about lvc, as it's all built into drill batteries. The problem is, like Kyle stated, the amp output. Drill batteries don't push out large amount of amps in a short time, they are designed to push steady lower current out. It can work, saw a thread that was about 8 years old someone did it to a summit, but they kept it brushed. And there was no long term follow up, so no good info on how it worked out. A brushless setup at that size motor would pull too much current (amps) for the battery. Maybe it could work on a crawler, and maybe someday I just might try it on my wraith, just to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back