any options for front/rear bumpers?

sixstringhook

I picked up the ecx amp mt kit and got it all together and painted. I got this for my son who tends to take "bashing" pretty seriously. I dont want the front/rear of the truck to get too seriously messed up, and am wondering if there are any options for adding a front grill guard / rear bumper to it.

When my 7 yr old nephew takes the wheel. I install the “FreddyBumper”. Its helps with impact and scuffin’.

Attachments

• 0307A12D-3CD9-4647-9C8D-CB8F62F40207.jpeg
    0307A12D-3CD9-4647-9C8D-CB8F62F40207.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 17
Sixstring, this is what i did to my Amp. I have one of the older Amps so i had to do a lot of mods on it. To this day, out of all 32 of my RC's, its my favorite. The front bumper is 1/2 inch rubber drip system hose, the thicker hose. It works great and protects the steering and tires. I have taken some hard hits (running into curbs) and it has saved me a lot of down time.

20191231_154209.jpg20191231_154659.jpg20191231_154302.jpg

I picked up the ecx amp mt kit and got it all together and painted. I got this for my son who tends to take "bashing" pretty seriously. I dont want the front/rear of the truck to get too seriously messed up, and am wondering if there are any options for adding a front grill guard / rear bumper to it.

I just recently bought the 19033 bumper and got it installed this weekend it seems to do alot better than the stock bumper. I can try and remember to snap a picture when I get home of how it looks on the truck.

Very nice, was it a perfect fit or did you have to do some mods. What's the number of the bumper and brand. I might just get one for my Amp. Thanks for the picture.

It was a perfect fit. You just take the stock bumper off and then take the 4 screws underneath that out and put the bumper on and then re use the 4 screws and it's done. It's part #190331 on the tbone website. I was planning to get the #19033 bumper in the recommended parts section of the forum but it wasn't available anymore and the #190331 seemed to be the same though.

Sixstring, this is what i did to my Amp. I have one of the older Amps so i had to do a lot of mods on it. To this day, out of all 32 of my RC's, its my favorite. The front bumper is 1/2 inch rubber drip system hose, the thicker hose. It works great and protects the steering and tires. I have taken some hard hits (running into curbs) and it has saved me a lot of down time.

View attachment 5932View attachment 5933View attachment 5935
Did you make those extensions for the bumper mount?

Yes i did, i get all my aluminum from Home Depot or Lowes. There is a lot you can do to an ECX Amp, it doesn't look like it, but you can do lot of mods to that truck. You just need to take the body off and look at and figure out what you want to do to it and how you can do it. I run mine with a Gen Ace 7000 mAh 70cC LiPo but had to lift the battery compartment in order for the battery to fit. My Amp is an older version and the battery compartment is part of the rear suspension so i had to some ingenuity to raise it. I use a lot of aluminum spacers to raise or push out a part on the truck. I will try and send you some pictures. Another thing i do is get rid of all the self threading screws and replace them with M3 machine screws. You can order all different sizes on eBay. You can see the spacers i used to raise battery compartment. If you look closely you can see the turn buckle is connected to the battery compartment, ence part of the rear suspension. The newer versions of the Amp are not like that, ECX changed the design so its easier now to raise the battery compartment.

20191231_154027.jpg20191231_154014.jpg

Yes i did, i get all my aluminum from Home Depot or Lowes. There is a lot you can do to an ECX Amp, it doesn't look like it, but you can do lot of mods to that truck. You just need to take the body off and look at and figure out what you want to do to it and how you can do it. I run mine with a Gen Ace 7000 mAh 70cC LiPo but had to lift the battery compartment in order for the battery to fit. My Amp is an older version and the battery compartment is part of the rear suspension so i had to some ingenuity to raise it. I use a lot of aluminum spacers to raise or push out a part on the truck. I will try and send you some pictures. Another thing i do is get rid of all the self threading screws and replace them with M3 machine screws. You can order all different sizes on eBay. You can see the spacers i used to raise battery compartment. If you look closely you can see the turn buckle is connected to the battery compartment, ence part of the rear suspension. The newer versions of the Amp are not like that, ECX changed the design so its easier now to raise the battery compartment.

View attachment 5941View attachment 5942
Thanks! So all the spots with the m3 screws, do they have a nut on the other side? Or are they threaded directly into the aluminum?

sixstringhook, the 1/8 thick aluminum I usually thread the holes with an M3x0.5 tap. If you don't have a tap, you can use an M3 lock nut on the underside if you want, its entirely up to you. Just remember, some places its hard to put a lock nut on the underside. If you remove any of the self taping screws just replace them with M3 machine screws, hex head preferably, (button head and flat head). You wont have to re-thread the existing hole, just insert the M3 screw of the correct size and screw it into the plastic as the screw will make its own thread. Like I said before, you can buy a whole set of M3 black screws of different sizes on E Bay. So below is all my M3 and some M4 machine screws with the different lengths labeled, such as M3x 35mm long or M3x6mm long. All these sizes will accommodate most 1/10 scale RC's.

20200407_163326[1].jpg

20200407_161220[1].jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back