are all companys standards this low now?

truckstuff

i got my 1/10 ruckus december 25 of 2016 my esc fried weeks later (it was on recall so understandable) but then i tried to get my part replacement and got ignored for almost a month so i gave up on the replacement and bought a brand new 60a esc with motor hooked it up to find that my months old battery was useless as it wouldn't charge anymore so i had to wait a few more days and spend more money for a battery i got it hooked up and running and a day after its first run my brand new esc caught on fire just like the first ive dumped almost
$300 into this thing and its only been useable for like a month out of the entire time i owned it
is it just electric ones i had a 1.5 t-maxx when they first came out and it wasn't like this im gonna give it another chance and ive learned that i want the highest amp rating i can afford on my esc so im gonna look for a cheapish 120a with a nice fan and preferably water resistant

I think the new cars (the ones with the included lipo) have issues. Get the standard nimh.

Goolrc has some cheap combos. Xtm (traxxas) has a decent 3300kv.

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues, though I think with that particular ESC there are many like you. I've never had issues with my two ECXs, so hopefully this is an isolated thing.

I bought one of the new ones with the Lipo, and supposedly the new 60a esc. I 've had it for a month, battery run time is terrible. Looking through ECX's open recalls, not only is there a recall for the 40a esc's, there is also a recall on the battery chargers sent to Canada, as they don't meet CSA standards.

The firsr few runs on the truck, it appeared to be working normal, when the battery got low, it would go into slow mode. Now all it does is, after running it for a while, it will just shut down completely.

I contacted the shop here in Canada, and their solutions was for me to spend more money with them on a new battery and charger, which of course they sent me links to on their website.

I also contacted ECX tech support, which was not very helpful either. The tech also suggested my run time of less than 5 mins was considered normal, and they expected me to have the tools required to check the voltage after the charger went green.

To be honest I'm very disappointed in this truck, which is advertised as being RTR, yet I, along with many others are having similar issues, and get little to no support.

I am thankful that I paid for mine via Paypal, the store I bought it from refused to return it, so I've started a claim. We'll see how that goes...

I got 2 Rukus at Christmas time also and they were working fine with the 40 amp ESC's and stock 1800mAh LiPo's. Then installed the new 60 amp ESC's and run time was terrible ( 5min. at best) Tried Chucks advice and tried a 5000 mAh LiPo and burned up 2 of the stock motors...The original 40 amps worked perfect for me...Now Chuck wants me to send it ( the one that is still stock) so the service dept. can see whats wrong with it and go from there...The other Rukus was upgraded with a Tazer Twin combo motor and esc and has been working flawlessly for 6 weeks now...I haven't used mine for 2 months because of this issue. I want to send it in along with the 2 motors that got burned up and include my daughters ESC that I removed shortly after the terrible performance..In the meantime, I just ordered the upgrades for mine the same as my daughters....But I guess I will send it in to see what they say....My main complaint is that if you buy a product that has a decent stock run time and performance, Even if it is recalled, the replacement parts should be similar or better in performance and run time. Not worse. You buy
a product and end up with a POS..Don't get me wrong. We are very pleased with the upgraded set up, But we shouldn't be forced to do it because of poor replacement product ...

Last edited:
Sounds like they have some QC issues on the electronics front. Not that surprising to be honest, many brands have had the same thing at some point. Arrma also switched to Hobbywing ESCs on some of their models after their "own" parts (probably the cheapest Chinese no-brand part they could find) fried non-stop.

i got my 1/10 ruckus december 25 of 2016 my ESC fried weeks later (it was on recall so understandable) but then i tried to get my part replacement and got ignored for almost a month so i gave up on the replacement and bought a brand new 60a ESC with motor hooked it up to find that my months old battery was useless as it wouldn't charge anymore so i had to wait a few more days and spend more money for a battery i got it hooked up and running and a day after its first run my brand new ESC caught on fire just like the first ive dumped almost
$300 into this thing and its only been useable for like a month out of the entire time i owned it
is it just electric ones i had a 1.5 t-maxx when they first came out and it wasn't like this im gonna give it another chance and ive learned that i want the highest amp rating i can afford on my ESC so im gonna look for a cheapish 120a with a nice fan and preferably water resistant
In not sure if these days we actually deal will real people when we email things about our rc problems. Ive had in the past issues with dealing with issues on my cars but after some playing tag with theses companies and telling them how bad theyre customer service is they finally will help you get what you want and paid for!

This is why to support your local hobby store.

When I had issues they replaced the part without issue. They took the part off another model.

Yes and no. What do you think authorized reseller and repair shop means? They know what they can and can't get away with.
They also know how to talk and probably have a authorized retailer line to call

Yes and no. What do you think authorized reseller and repair shop means? They know what they can and can't get away with.
They also know how to talk and probably have a authorized retailer line to call
Im not trying to argue with u im just saying based on experience. . What ever works for you or anyone else out there then roll with it happy bashing

Im not trying to argue with u im just saying based on experience. . What ever works for you or anyone else out there then roll with it happy bashing
I actually got the replacement ESC's from a local Hobby shop which is where I bought them at Christmas.. Horizon Hobby sent them a few of the new ESC's so they could handle it in house.. I may take it back there first and see what they will do

I
I actually got the replacement ESC's from a local Hobby shop which is where I bought them at Christmas.. Horizon Hobby sent them a few of the new ESC's so they could handle it in house.. I may take it back there first and see what they will do
I know all the money and time we invest in these rc cars we just want them to work and not break down so quick even though we abuse them like crazy

I

I know all the money and time we invest in these rc cars we just want them to work and not break down so quick even though we abuse them like crazy

You’re right.We do thrash them pretty hard…I put the metal spur gear, metal gear set and new slipper clutch on my daughters and it hasn’t broke down in 2 weeks..Knock on wood..Even though the recall has been a huge pita, it is really fun running them and I like working on them especially when upgrades are involved…Last night I just ordered upgrades to match my daughters and I kinda want to forget about sending it back to see whats messed up with the ESC and just install the upgrades like I did hers.. But its the principal…They should make good of their product…

I got 2 Rukus at Christmas time also and they were working fine with the 40 amp ESC's and stock 1800mAh LiPo's. Then installed the new 60 amp ESC's and run time was terrible ( 5min. at best) Tried Chucks advice and tried a 5000 mAh LiPo and burned up 2 of the stock motors...The original 40 amps worked perfect for me...Now Chuck wants me to send it ( the one that is still stock) so the service dept. can see whats wrong with it and go from there...The other Rukus was upgraded with a Tazer Twin combo motor and ESC and has been working flawlessly for 6 weeks now...I haven't used mine for 2 months because of this issue. I want to send it in along with the 2 motors that got burned up and include my daughters ESC that I removed shortly after the terrible performance..In the meantime, I just ordered the upgrades for mine the same as my daughters....But I guess I will send it in to see what they say....My main complaint is that if you buy a product that has a decent stock run time and performance, Even if it is recalled, the replacement parts should be similar or better in performance and run time. Not worse. You buy
a product and end up with a POS..Don't get me wrong. We are very pleased with the upgraded set up, But we shouldn't be forced to do it because of poor replacement product ...

I've just noticed the ECX line-up does not include the 60 amp replacement ESC that was sent out to replace the original 45 amp ESC in any of there line up... Gee, I wonder why? In fact, a short while ago, the Rukus 2wd units where out of stock...Gee, I wonder why? I'm sure the DYNS2210 ESC will be obsolete soon. I'm so pissed off at what Chuck told me "There must be something wrong with the truck..Send it in and we will see whats wrong with it and make a decision where to go from there" I feel like .....Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect on the 60 amp DYNS2210

Last edited:
He probably thought you were some fool running a 4s battery or something, hence why he asked you to bring it in :p they must get all kinds in those shops.

He probably thought you were some fool running a 4s battery or something, hence why he asked you to bring it in :p they must get all kinds in those shops.

I told him I had the stock battery that was sold w/ the trk., a 1800 mAh LiPo , 20C discharge rate, and 2S which is 2 cells wired in series..In reading about power supply , the battery may not enough for this set up. That's why he told me "Folks usually upgrade to a 5000 mAh battery. When I did that , the motor fried..after 8 minutes. Gee maybe the motor is not compatible with this set-up

Last edited:
I think the new cars (the ones with the included LiPo) have issues. Get the standard NiMH.

Goolrc has some cheap combos. Xtm (traxxas) has a decent 3300kv.

yes , they have issues.. The new "replacement" ESC is 60 amp and the battery is 1800...x2 is 36 amp max discharge rate.... If you go up to a 5000 LiPo, you have a 100 amp max. discharge rate and the stock motor fries...

yes , they have issues.. The new "replacement" ESC is 60 amp and the battery is 1800...x2 is 36 amp max discharge rate.... If you go up to a 5000 LiPo, you have a 100 amp max. discharge rate and the stock motor fries...

I will read up more

Last edited:
Hopefully HH will make good of this issue

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back