Best $100 radio review.

kruzracing169

I am looking to upgrade. It is between the latest 2018 radios. Spektrum DX5C, Sanwa MX-6, and Futaba 3PV. What is your thoughts?
I am leaning towards the Futaba or Sanwa, and also I like the less features for RC racing. I want to get others thoughts if you are using these models.

I have used the radiolink RC4GS this last year, I am not really feeling the low budget feel.

I attached some pics.
Screenshot_20181119-092551~2.pngScreenshot_20181117-155146.png

I like the looks of the Futaba, have used Futaba brands in the past, worked well.
I like the sleek black look.

I also like the Sanwa, I like the readout screen that is sideways, so it's more natural to turn your hand/wrist into your body as apposed to turning your wrist out to line the screen up to your eyes, as on the Futaba, and Spektrum.

Spektrum, kind of looks weird, although it may be the best one of the bunch. I am also not a fan of the thumb wheel thingy on the side to scroll the list, it maybe because I am not used to it. The radio that came with the used Torment I purchased has a Spektrum model with it, it took me a bit to figure out the screen stuff worked.

Just my opinion though.

Well, I committed after a long going back and forth. LHS talked me into the Futaba. I ended up getting a smoking deal on a barely used Futaba T3PV. I can't wait. I will be trying it out in February on some indoors.

WOW! The Futaba is amazing. You can actually drive your RC. You can drive it like it's on rails. I am so glad I didn't grab an upgrade Spektrum. I have heard a Spektrum guy say the same thing when I was at an LHS before too. I was like, yeah right.
I will be Futaba for life....until someone can talk me out of them. Ha

Getting a feeler out, anybody need a Futaba T3PV radio? No receivers. If interested, let me know. Thanks

I am upgrading to the 4PV already. Like I said, I will be Futaba for life!!

I have many radios but I use a Flysky Noble NB4. Tons of options. Capacitive Touch Screen, Aluminum Shell, Lithium Battery in Handle, detachable Lithium Battery Base, adjustable steering wheel tension, ambidextrous steering, adjustable trigger, latency as low as 3ms, 20 model storage, and more. It's ridiculous the amount of options it has. 20190916_210638.jpg20190916_210616.jpg20190916_210721.jpg20190916_210327.jpgFB_IMG_1568935113344.jpgFB_IMG_1568935124986.jpg

Last edited:
Have you used an Flysky at the track? I have used my old Flysky radio during an club race, experienced interference. I have had others comment the same. Just curious.
I was not running this same model.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back