Best way to keep the AMP DB from wheelies?

ERock

Greetings,

I installed the Dynamite Tazer Twin, and without other modifications the DB does backflips, not just wheelies. A setting in my Transmitter allows for a more gradual throttle which solved that problem (the tazer's punch setting did little) but there is still a bit of "float" in the front. One bump and the front is in the air for a while. I was wondering if there is a particularly aesthetically pleasing way to add weight to the front. I'd rather not zip tie something to the front bumper. Any thoughts?

Brass hexes
Wheels/tires with greater mass
Aluminum suspension components

You can also take some ride height out of the front and add preload to the rear as an anti squat.

Other than that, yes you’re just trying to find areas to glue/zip tie wheel weights to

Greetings,

I installed the Dynamite Tazer Twin, and without other modifications the DB does backflips, not just wheelies. A setting in my Transmitter allows for a more gradual throttle which solved that problem (the tazer's punch setting did little) but there is still a bit of "float" in the front. One bump and the front is in the air for a while. I was wondering if there is a particularly aesthetically pleasing way to add weight to the front. I'd rather not zip tie something to the front bumper. Any thoughts?
My Tramp (based on AMP MT kit) has no wheelie bar, just 375 g of lead on the front. See photo.
Tramp Front Weight.jpg

Where/what did you buy/how did you calculate what to add? I have 26x7g weights on my Ruckus and it needs more. I’m out of room to hide steel wheel weights
This is what I bought:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114722640104
I found the right weight by trial and error. My test criterion was to have a useful amount of steering authority at full throttle and maximum speed. I just kept increasing the weight until I got there.
Before adding the weight, I had no steering at all at full power. I tried taking a rear wing and sticking it on the front, but it was completely useless. The front end weight gives me directional control even when flat out at 45 mph on grass.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back