Bigger gear

REDdawn6

I have a ruckus 2wd and 58t and 14t, 32p spur and pinion. IIRC, it was tight to install the pinion. How are you guys adding 17 to 19 pinions?

I have a ruckus 2wd and 58t and 14t, 32p spur and pinion. IIRC, it was tight to install the pinion. How are you guys adding 17 to 19 pinions?

If you have the stock transmission case there is a slider to adjust motor placement... Im assuming its maxed out... You can modify the case to make the slider longer... I did this and It works fine... You just need to have the right size drill bits to be sure you do not mangle the case... If you have no other options I would try doing this... Transmission cases are very cheap... I will probably do this im gonna try a 26T 32p pinion in my torment (same transmission).

Hope this helps!

Thanks man. That's good info. I still have the stock trans case., I never even thought of opening up the slots.

You can also go with a smaller spur gear. I'm assuming you have the team associated spur, they also make a 47 that uses the same slipper pads, if you are looking to gear up alot. I haven't seen one between 58 and 47, I would think something around 52 to 54 would be a nice size for these rigs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back