bit of AMP upgrade parts help please

ACHC82

Greetings from Scotland!

Passing time in lockdown upgrading our ECX AMP truck. So far, we've introduced LIPO, Hobbywing brushless motor and ESC combo, Carson Tx/Rx and the ECX9001 metal gear set. Also got a nice SAVOX servo, but it was actually too large to fit, so just running the servo out of my Arrma Typhon at the moment.

It goes like stink now, but handling is terrible. So next step will be to put a metal gear servo in, RPM servo saver eliminator and Traxxas TRX3643 & TRX3644 turnbuckles.

I'm struggling a bit to make sure I get the parts list right and looking for help with the following please:
- Can anyone who's done the Traxxas turnbuckle upgrade advise what type of screws I need to install them?
- The rod end that connect the servo horn to the servo steering keeps popping off the ball stud (picture of the bit I mean below). I think the rod ends are maybe worn and I need a new ones. I'm really struggling to find replacement rod ends without buying the full ECX1046 camber toe/link set - any suggestions on rod ends that will work as replacement please?

If anyone can help with these parts, that would be great.

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• ecx steering link.jpg
    ecx steering link.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 18
Greetings from Scotland!

Passing time in lockdown upgrading our ECX AMP truck. So far, we've introduced LIPO, Hobbywing brushless motor and ESC combo, Carson Tx/Rx and the ECX9001 metal gear set. Also got a nice SAVOX servo, but it was actually too large to fit, so just running the servo out of my Arrma Typhon at the moment.

It goes like stink now, but handling is terrible. So next step will be to put a metal gear servo in, RPM servo saver eliminator and Traxxas TRX3643 & TRX3644 turnbuckles.

I'm struggling a bit to make sure I get the parts list right and looking for help with the following please:
- Can anyone who's done the Traxxas turnbuckle upgrade advise what type of screws I need to install them?
- The rod end that connect the servo horn to the servo steering keeps popping off the ball stud (picture of the bit I mean below). I think the rod ends are maybe worn and I need a new ones. I'm really struggling to find replacement rod ends without buying the full ECX1046 camber toe/link set - any suggestions on rod ends that will work as replacement please?

If anyone can help with these parts, that would be great.

Cheers,
Andy
Check out my rod links. Mine are 20$ titanium rc10 set. Cant speak about the traxxas ones. But should be straight forward. Also if your end keeps popping off the plastic is worn. You can amazon/ebay a set. Very cheap. Just make sure it comes with ball ends/caps.

Attachments

• 0413201346c_HDR.jpg
    0413201346c_HDR.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 32
20200516_141702.jpg

Had to wait a bit on the parts, but Traxxas turnbuckles fit great and steering and straight line stability is greatly improved.

I got some Associated ball-cup rod ends to replace the worn ones that connect the servo horn and steering. Needed to trim them to match the originals but work great as well.

The poor handling due to the plastic ball cup turnbuckles is by design.

They're supposed to pop off when you crash to save other parts. Mainly your servo.

I installed the Servo Saver Eliminator and have pondered the turnbuckles but ultimately decided against them. Now whenever your crash your servo is taking all the impact. Metal gears or not, it could break. I personally rather deal with a bit of steering slop instead of possibly sacrificing my $120 Savox.

These trucks were also designed for beginner bashers.. or more or less for kids. For that purpose they function perfectly. Anything over 30mph and these trucks just lose driveability. That's just how they were designed. Not built for speed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back