Blinking red light on 1060 ESC

Mattchall

I'm running the following:

AMP MT
ESC: Hobbytown 1060
Receiver: ECX13003
Transmitter: ECX13005

The ESC and receiver are new and seemed to work OK last night. When I tried to run it today it will run for a minute or two fine and then become unresponsive and the red light on the ESC starts blinking. The S/W light on the receiver is solid red. ESC is plugged in to CH2 on the receiver and the servo is in CH1. I've tried two batteries with the same behavior.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, my son is getting impatient with dad.

Also - Not real familiar with the failsafe on the receiver, can it be enabled and disabled?

Thx,

Matt

NOTE: I'm presuming that you have the HobbyWING WP-1060, not a "HobbyTOWN" ESC. :)

That sounds exactly like the WP-1060's LVC has been activated. How do you have the jumpers configured? Double check that you have the jumper for battery type plugged in correctly. If you have it set to "LiPo" but are running a NiMh, this may be causing problems with proper LV detection.

When the WP-1060 goes into LVC, the LED will flash and the car will stop. When the battery input voltage is below 6.5V, the output power will be decreased, and when the battery input voltage drops to 6V, the ESC will cut power (LVC/low voltage cutoff). A NiMh will have no problem running at lower than 6V, but running at this total voltage for a 2S LiPo can cause damage, thus the low voltage cut-off.

You say you've tried two batteries, are they Nimh or Lipo? Your ESC is set to Nimh. That top jumper allows you to choose your reverse/ braking options. Forward/ Brake/ Reverse

NiMH batteries... could they be bad if they were left charging overnight? One is 2 months old the other 1 month. No idea what is going on. If I charge and hook the batteries up to a voltage tester what should I expect to see? Transmitter batteries are fresh. Thanks for the help!

NiMH batteries... could they be bad if they were left charging overnight? One is 2 months old the other 1 month. No idea what is going on. If I charge and hook the batteries up to a voltage tester what should I expect to see? Transmitter batteries are fresh. Thanks for the help!

As to charging your batteries over night. That would all be determined to good or bad. Depending on what charger you are using. If your using the trickle charger that comes with the ECX kits or RTR. Those take right around 6-8 hours to fully charge your battery. (if completely dead) So leaving them charge over night won't hurt them. But not the best idea. As they can over heat and possibly do worse. Charging batteries should never realy be left unattended to. I would recommend getting a lipo bag to put your battery in while u charge overnight. Just incase! Over charge can result in burning out cells.

As to other issues that might cause this. Did you replace the batteries in your controller with new fresh ones? Made sure your connections to reciever are correct. And not in reverse polarity? And all the way in?
Checked all wires for any nicks, cuts or scraps exposing any internal wires.

Oddly I've had issue in the past to where my steering servo fried out. And would cause my truck to act similar to this. Try unplugging your servo. And see if you get any response from your esc

I can't find any dedicated documentation for the ECX13003 Rx but, to me, it looks like you have something (ESC or servo) plugged into an incorrect port. the port labeled "B/C" has me puzzled. Is it for a Rx battery pack? Maybe try removing whatever is plugged into the "B/C" port and plug it into one of the other open channels. (Or maybe put ECS in #1 and Servo in #2 and then re-bind the Rx.)

Failing that, contact Horizon Hobby support and ask about the proper set-up of the ECX13003 Rx.

Last edited:
yes the b/c channel is for an rx pack on a gas car,its for a switch to turn it on, as were the esc has the switch, make sure the esc is in channel 1 and the servo is in channel 2. Rebind then it should be good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back