body options/mods

BabyDyke415

ECX AMP MT 2wd 1/10, just added ecx aluminum front & rear shock towers. I had to make holes in back for stock body to fit (no biggie). What do I look for? I want another body for it. I really want to modify it so it has seats with a scale person in it (which I will figure out) and eventualy add lights and a top rack. I'm wondering what choices are good ones to play around with that would fit even with some modifications. I don't have a body reamer yet but I will be getting one to make it a bit easier when manipulating a new cover/body. So anyone have some advice on this? The store didn't have any workable options and I just don't want to order something online that will not work at all... can I get and ecx cover? :)

For a body- you look for whatever matches the wheelbase of your car. You will have to do some hacking to make whatever it is fit. Time to get creative!

For the figure- I've seen lots of scale drivers use action figures! GI Joes, Stormtroopers, Power Rangers, and plain ol' Dollar Store generic "men."

Circuit body is a nice upgrade I made recently...
Also word of advice.. don't go all aluminum.. it will make you cry. You want smaller parts to be aluminum as they don't have room to flex so the plastic will just snap.. but bigger part you want plastic.. many poeple have went all aluminum but aluminum doesn't flex and keep shape the same way plastic does.. it just bends... my new circuit body below
20170526_162747-1.jpg 20170526_162809-1.jpg 20170526_162719-1.jpg

Circuit body is a nice upgrade I made recently...
Also word of advice.. don't go all aluminum.. it will make you cry. You want smaller parts to be aluminum as they don't have room to flex so the plastic will just snap.. but bigger part you want plastic.. many poeple have went all aluminum but aluminum doesn't flex and keep shape the same way plastic does.. it just bends... my new circuit body below
View attachment 1876 View attachment 1877 View attachment 1878
I like that! Ive always been crative... idk i want a body i xould add a rack on the top, be ablw to see nside so i can make/add seats n stuff. modifying i can do but i have no idea what body will fit the wheel base to start with! also will add lights too! what is a body that would fit and look good dong theae things to?

I'm not sure beyond the circuit body.. but as for the seats and lights and such.. those are more for show cars and not going 40mph and bashing about (as you mentioned in a previous thread).. those things would go instantly... most guys have enough issues just keeping their trucks going rather than worry about that stuff... I'm not sure where you would even mount seats.. and your lights would get wrecked quickly... more of the trucks/cars I've seen with high end visual pieces are usally crawlers since most of them top out at like 8mph...

Latest posts

Members online

Back