Boost buggy Late Model setup?

Jon0822

I just got a Boost buggy in a trade however it has a Late model body as well as no gear cover or motor cover and a steel skid plate under the motor to protect it. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for what I would need as far as parts to make it a proper buggy again or if it’s going to be a late model what can I do to make it lighter and faster?

Looks like you just need Ecx231000 and Ecx1027 if your looking to make it stock again. It looks like your pinion gear is fairly big and there os a screw on it. So the gear cover may not fit. 3x3 set screw is the proper set screw for the pinion but may not work on that pinion anymore.

Last edited:
Based on my experiences with the ECX 2WD cars (specifically AMP and Boost):
Get rid of that Titan motor. It's a longer "550" type and thus heavier. The 2WD ECX cars all have a greater rear weight bias than other brands and adding weight to the back only exacerbates the associated understeering issue. Without changing any of the other electronics, you could just get a Dynamite brand 540 20T motor and be good. You'll want to install a 20t pinion gear. I'm guessing the previous owner was only interested in "speed runs" with the car on asphalt.

RPM makes great aftermarket parts for the ECX cars. I recommend their "sealed" gear cover. (It's not actually sealed in a conventional sense, but it seals at least as well as the stock ECX part did.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back