Brand new AMP MT , steering servo fried....

ohiochris

Got my son an AMP mt for christmas and we drove them a little last night , he drove it a little this morning but it stopped steering and could smell hot electronics. Looking under the cover I see the steering servo has melted a little somehow and its fried. Anybody else have this happen or know what may have caused this ??

A servo upgrade seems to be an essential upgrade. The other thing to pay attention to is setting the steering end points correctly, I think. The good news is that there are some good metal gear servos out there that are not too expensive. Good luck getting it fixed up for him.

I went to hobby town yesterday and bought a replacement servo for $18.....same brand as original , only metal gear. The guy at hobby town told me to contact ecx too ,.....I dont really see a way to contact them directly on the internet , only horizonhobby,...and I sent them an email and waiting on a reply.

I would contact ECX, as that is a defect, not just a slow servo.
Good idea to contact ECX but they don't put the best equipment in these vehicles. Not saying the AMP is a bad vehicle as once upgraded it's a great truck.
I have one and immediately upgraded it to brushless, all hardened steel gearing (differential and spur/ pinion/CV's). Once you do that it will be one of your best trucks. If you go brushless use a 3S Lipo battery, it will make a big difference.

Hello ohiochris, same thing happened to me - used my amp my 2-3 time and last time the steering stopped working too! Contacted HH and shipped me a brand new servo even an upgraded one. All good so far. When removing the old servo I also noticed the plastic in the bottom was slightly deformed. I installed the new one but still no steering!! Also tried resyncing the transmitter and ESC . Nothing...only throttle works.

Looking for help. Do I have faulty ESC as well?
Thx

Hi JR, I tried both sides still no signs of life. I contacted HH and they suggested to try pairing it with another transmitter to eliminate the rest - not sure this can be done as ecx has 2-1 receiver. I’ll have to go to local hobby shop I guess.

Hi JR, I tried both sides still no signs of life. I contacted HH and they suggested to try pairing it with another transmitter to eliminate the rest - not sure this can be done as ecx has 2-1 receiver. I’ll have to go to local hobby shop I guess.

Is the Gyro on your radio turned on or off? You have the Spectrum dx2e radio? The adjustment is the far right dial, to the right of your steering control on the radio. All the way turned clockwise is 100% turned on, all the way turn counter-clockwise is off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you should have ALL adjustments set to null, which is the middle setting for your throttle/steering/gyro before pairing and binding of electronics. Again, I am learning here, because I am just getting back into RCs after a really long off time .

The same thing happen to me yesterday with a 2.5 month old car. I'm in Australia, and purchased through rchobbies.com.au . I will call them tomorrow. Is there a HH distributor here in Australia?

The same thing happen to me yesterday with a 2.5 month old car. I'm in Australia, and purchased through rchobbies.com.au . I will call them tomorrow. Is there a HH distributor here in Australia?

Try contacting Horizon directly letting them know what happened, and they can tell you if there is an Australia dist, or what other options you have. They may even have one of their customers cover it for you, and they send that customer a replacement in their next order.

If the next servo fries again check that the direction moves freely. It's easy to overtighten a screw or have parts rub if they aren't set at the right length.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back