Breaking my servo

The Closer

I keep burning out my savox servo.
I thought it was gonna to be better.
Could it be user error and I’m locking my wheels? Should I allow for less turn?

When I set my end points for my servos, I turn the wheel to the right or left as far as it will go and hold it there, then I start moving the dial on the radio to make the wheels turn as far as they can. When the wheel stops turning and it seems like the servo is starting to struggle, I turn it back about five clicks. Done. I've never had a problem with any of my servos burning out doing it this way.
What radio are you using? If you don't set your endpoints , you will burn out your servos no matter what the brand is

Thanks
I’m using the flysky digital one that allows me to change lots of settings so I’ll try that.
Thanks

The stock servo is incredibly weak. Replacing it with a high torque model will help. I used one off Amazon for mine. After installation I read on other forums about setting the end points I noticed on my Temper the adjustment was full despite the fact that it had full range movement at about the 3 o clock mark on the dial so I adjusted it accordingly. Here is the link to the servo I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073M8QT1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 0C1E62A1-2246-44F4-AADB-AA8BCC19A8EA.jpeg
    0C1E62A1-2246-44F4-AADB-AA8BCC19A8EA.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 4
The stock servo is incredibly weak. Replacing it with a high torque model will help. I used one off Amazon for mine. After installation I read on other forums about setting the end points I noticed on my Temper the adjustment was full despite the fact that it had full range movement at about the 3 o clock mark on the dial so I adjusted it accordingly. Here is the link to the servo I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073M8QT1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does the servo horn come with the servo?

Do you need a BEC for a stronger servo? I have a 25kg amazon servo but am hesitant to plug it in because of the voltage/amperage required, and because it is just slightly to long to fit without hitting the body when the shocks are compressed.

Do you need a BEC for a stronger servo? I have a 25kg amazon servo but am hesitant to plug it in because of the voltage/amperage required, and because it is just slightly to long to fit without hitting the body when the shocks are compressed.
I did not use a BEC. I did however use some 2 mm washers to raise the servo slightly in the servo hold down. Mine clears all movement of the shocks and body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back