Broken shock new Ruckus 1/18

Apbling

My kids each got a 1/18 ruckus today. Within 5 min the rear shock on one had popped the threaded top off and the oil drained out. I rethreaded it and it seemed stable but it happened again within 5 min. The other shocks and truck are fine. The threads don’t seem stripped and seem to grab but it keeps popping off. Any advice? I know shocks are cheap but seems like it’s a defect if it failed within 5 min of new, just driving around, not even going off jumps.

Literally the same thing happened to me today. Brand new truck and it popped off and lost the oil. So far I’m not super pumped about this. That and the wheel nuts keep loosening up on their own. I had a wheel come off this morning and that cost a trip to the hobby store and a $10 purchase.

My best advice is blue loctite everything. Even the "locking" wheel nuts. As for your one shock it def sounds defective. Is the cap cracked? If not maybe a little teflon tape to tighten things up. I personally have all of my shock caps sealed with sealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Back