Brushless ruckus 2wd transmission problem. PLEASE HELP!

Davidzp5

Soo I cant get any answers from my local hobby shop or online, I recently bought a used ruckus its brushless has a 4000kv, ran it a bit fried the steel tranny, thought maybe it was just a bad gear so bought a new one put it in 20 minutes in one of the steel gear teeth snaps again. Okay at this point maybe it was a bad gear from factory, got a free replacement from ecx and bought a 2s lipo instead of 3s that I was running. Ran it for about 15 mins another internal tranny gear broke. (The same gear breaks every time it's the internal gear that connects too the outerslipperspur gear). At this point idk what to do or think could be causing this. I just bought a new tranny case and tranny bearings to try. And picked up one plastics gear instead of steel (the one plastic one I'm putting in is the one that keeps shearing off) Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea why this would be happening? Ps I do have a bad rear bearing PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1507936676.jpg
    Snapchat-1507936676.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 22
I have the same tranny setup on running 10.5T brushless, 2S lipo with 20 tooth pinion. Hammering and running pinned all the time on or off the track. I am at 18 months with tranny rebuild.

I do not recall shimming anything. Matter of fact, no shims are called for, here is the exploded view.
Screenshot_20190420-112931~2.png

What grease are you running in there?

I run marine grade grease and fill it up full!! I also take center tranny assembly apart, and replace grease with marine grade grease in spider gears.

Also, did you take on water? Bearings spin good, nothing locked up? Since you have it apart, spraying/dropping oil into bearings world not hurt at this time.

Another question, are you running your slipper all the way tight? I would recommend running it 1 turn to 1 1/4 turns out from tight. If your bashing and jumping and not all the time taking finger off the trigger, hard on the gears on the landing.

What about your pinion to spur mesh? Are you too tight?

Back to the hobby shop situation. Anyone can run or own an hobby shop. I just hate the ones that only sell... Traxxas, and Axial and stay away from anything not purchased per manufacture out of the box setup. Lack of knowledge and trouble shooting skills.

I have the same tranny setup on running 10.5T brushless, 2S lipo with 20 tooth pinion. Hammering and running pinned all the time on or off the track. I am at 18 months with tranny rebuild.

I do not recall shimming anything. Matter of fact, no shims are called for, here is the exploded view.
View attachment 4932

What grease are you running in there?

I run marine grade grease and fill it up full!! I also take center tranny assembly apart, and replace grease with marine grade grease in spider gears.

Also, did you take on water? Bearings spin good, nothing locked up? Since you have it apart, spraying/dropping oil into bearings world not hurt at this time.

Another question, are you running your slipper all the way tight? I would recommend running it 1 turn to 1 1/4 turns out from tight. If your bashing and jumping and not all the time taking finger off the trigger, hard on the gears on the landing.

What about your pinion to spur mesh? Are you too tight?

Back to the hobby shop situation. Anyone can run or own an hobby shop. I just hate the ones that only sell... Traxxas, and Axial and stay away from anything not purchased per manufacture out of the box setup. Lack of knowledge and trouble shooting skills.

Well I just got a brand new transmission case along with new bearings for the tranny, guess the only thing I can do is just send the money on another set of metal gears and hope it holds up, il try your marine grease I was using white lithium grease and I only out a small amount in, you say I should pack it full? Running a 20t pinion and 87t spur

I had my slipper at 2 turns idk i got all new bearings and a new tranny guess the only thing I cant do is buy another metal gear set and hope for the best literally everything in the tranny is new now

That a real puzzle there. I run steel tranny gears hard and haven’t had to touch them in over a year. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Hmm...It's the idler gear that is losing teeth (the smaller gear that is inbetween the top shaft and the larger differential assembly). What, exactly, did Horizon send you as a replacement? I wonder if there is something non-concentric with the transmission assembly so that as it spins it "bobs" and puts pressure on the idler causing it to fail quickly.

Sorry-- re-reading your post it seems that Horizon sent you a complete metal transmission set. Maybe something is distorted in the transmission housing causing precession in the idler or maybe even the top shaft?

Idk what to recommend but you're not alone its happening to me too right now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back