Brutus & Axe don't brake and other questions

bi555

Dear all we just received an AXE & BRUTUS.

I have read about many glitchiness of STX2 and if you complain about this with Horizon Hobby directly they sent in replacement a new STX3 or SLT3 for replacement? Does STX3 or SLT3 bind with Spektrum SRX200 receiver?

I ask because with our setting 50% power with throttle gain in mid, and receiver w/o pins so Fw/N/Br they don't brake at all. I look to re-bind to see if it solves the problem but I don't find where to plug-in re binding plug. Do you have a solution?

Then I would ask if you can suggest to me a very high capacity (about 5000 mAh) Li-ion battery. I'm a little bit scared about Li-ion and furthermore I don't have both Li-ion charger and not other possibilities then charge them at night un surveiled. I would prefer to purchase Li-ion instead of Li-po because I already have three battery charger and seems they are not so risky.

Could you please help me? Thanks a lot.

Throttle dual rate set to 50% means no brakes. Turn the brake setting up on the ESC or your dual rate throttle setting up and it will work fine. To test just turn throttle rate to 100%, accelerate a bit and push forward for brakes. It’ll work.

The SLT3 is a fine radio and yes it will bind.

Lithium Ion chemistry batteries are still lithium and have similar risks to LiPo. Only LiPo is suitable for the energy output you need. mAh is not just capacity it is also current output.

I have 5,500, 6,000 and a 7,000 mAh 2S LiPo batteries by HRB and gens-a-spammer and they all work great, even with the stock electronic.

The risks are overblown generally, but you still never charge them unattended. It usually takes about pan hour to charge so no need to charge over night. Get a decent charger that will charge, balance, discharge and storage charge.

Throttle dual rate set to 50% means no brakes. Turn the brake setting up on the ESC or your dual rate throttle setting up and it will work fine. To test just turn throttle rate to 100%, accelerate a bit and push forward for brakes. It’ll work.

The SLT3 is a fine radio and yes it will bind.
I did a new bind but didn't solved.
I attach some pictures because of my settings so that you can let me better understand what you mean when you say "turn the brake setting up on your esc". If i set throttle 100% and I brake it already runs properly.

My problem is that we play in a very small area so we need a really small velocity but a great amount of brake to not hurt. How can I solve this? I saw on rx an AUX empty plug. Could be helpful in someway?

On my WLToys 12428 I have a potentiometer to choose how much is the max speed but the brake works greatly also if I set slow speed.

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_115003.jpg
    IMG_20201206_115003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20201206_115013.jpg
    IMG_20201206_115013.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20201206_115109.jpg
    IMG_20201206_115109.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4
Lithium Ion chemistry batteries are still lithium and have similar risks to LiPo. Only LiPo is suitable for the energy output you need. mAh is not just capacity it is also current output.

I have 5,500, 6,000 and a 7,000 mAh 2S LiPo batteries by HRB and gens-a-spammer and they all work great, even with the stock electronic.

The risks are overblown generally, but you still never charge them unattended. It usually takes about pan hour to charge so no need to charge over night. Get a decent charger that will charge, balance, discharge and storage charge.
Really? I have never heard about firing or explosion with Li-ion but only with Li-po. Anyway could you suggest to me the best value on price for a charger which can handle two batteries at the same time and also two good high capacity batteries? Don't want to drain my wallet and don't want to purchase batteries which have false data sheets like happened to me with some from AliExpress. Thanks for help

I did a new bind but didn't solved.
I attach some pictures because of my settings so that you can let me better understand what you mean when you say "turn the brake setting up on your esc". If i set throttle 100% and I brake it already runs properly.

My problem is that we play in a very small area so we need a really small velocity but a great amount of brake to not hurt. How can I solve this? I saw on rx an AUX empty plug. Could be helpful in someway?

On my WLToys 12428 I have a potentiometer to choose how much is the max speed but the brake works greatly also if I set slow speed.
Most ESCs are programmable and you can change how much motor power is applied when you hit the brakes. The stock one on your trucks is not. For a 2wd truck 50% brake force is likely how the ESC is programmed and you can’t change it. If your brake force is set to 50% and you turn your throttle rate down to 50% you will have no brakes. You can fix this by turning your throttle rate up, but if you don’t want to do that I have a solution for you.

Put a smaller pinion gear on the motor and turn throttle up to 75 or 100. This will keep speeds down, ensure the motors run cooler and you’ll have brakes. ?

I don’t know how many teeth are on the stock pinion, but get a set of 10-15 and you’ll be fine.

Most ESCs are programmable and you can change how much motor power is applied when you hit the brakes. The stock one on your trucks is not. For a 2wd truck 50% brake force is likely how the ESC is programmed and you can’t change it. If your brake force is set to 50% and you turn your throttle rate down to 50% you will have no brakes. You can fix this by turning your throttle rate up, but if you don’t want to do that I have a solution for you.

Put a smaller pinion gear on the motor and turn throttle up to 75 or 100. This will keep speeds down, ensure the motors run cooler and you’ll have brakes. ?

I don’t know how many teeth are on the stock pinion, but get a set of 10-15 and you’ll be fine.
Thank you very much!

I am running into a similar issue, even with the dual rate at 100% it does brake but is very weak. I guess the only solution is to replace the esc?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back