Charging conecting XT60 to EC3

Barilux

Anyone knows if I can charge a battery with a XT60 plug on "charger side" and EC3 conector on "battery side"? I saw in a video that they fit, but I dont know if I should be doing that for charging, once the current exchange is bigger than in other applications. Its not something I intend to do all the time, but while I wait for my EC3 charge lead. Thanks

@Barilux I'm guessing this is a LiPo battery... these things aren't something to mess around with and if it was me I would not try to charge the battery without a matching connector.

Thanks Woodie, but actually it is the 8,4V Nimh, 2400mah that came stock with the Torment. I got someone telling it is ok, ill try it w a low charge rate like 1A and see how it goes. Ill be supervising, so dont think that much can go wrong. Worst case the plugs will start warming up if current isnt passing as it should. there should be less conectors, this is a joke.

As long as the connection is sound, then it doesn't matter. Current doesn't care what kind of connections are used, only that they are strong enough to support the draw.

Thanks for the replies! And just for the sake of informing, I have already made 3 complete charges with XT60/EC3 conection and it worked perfectly. Of course they dont fit like a glove, but once fitted you wont have any problems. I just regret to have spent 6€ on a charge lead with EC3, because I wont need it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back