Circuit Receiver waterproofing

TrueRcBoy

My Brother recently got the ECX Circuit, and it looks pretty solid but the only concern I have is we live in Florida a very wet and sandy state and I don't know how I should waterproof his receiver. I myself have an ECX Ruckus but it has a cover, and so does my other brothers Torment the only truck that doesn't have one is the Circuit. How do I got about waterproofing his receiver?

You may try researching the receiver and see just how "water proof" the stand alone stock receiver is.
And just because it has a cover over it does not mean it is water proofed either.
ESC comes to mind, and it doesn't have a cover.

I have ran through many a mud puddles, and have not had any issues yet, I would just stay away from making it a submarine, and you should be fine.

there are coatings out there you could use to help protect it. I dont have any experiences with any of that.

You could also get a receiver box. A box for a Slash will fit and there are some cool 3rd party versions out there. RPM makes a nice receiver box for the Associated RC10GT - RPM80052 that should also fit. Some good double sided tape to keep the box on the chassis and you should be good to go.

Buy a bottle of the 99 cent quick dry acrylic clear nail polish from Walmart, paint the circuit board of the receiver with the nail polish apply 2-3 coats to make sure you got it covered.

If he has the STX2 radio, that receiver is already fully waterproof. Its the same receiver that is my Torment, and i bury that in water, snow and ice quite often and havent had any issues with it. Mine isnt even in a box, it just sits in the mount under the cover where it was when i got it over a year ago. This is my video of it recently in the snow:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back