constant drivetrain breakage

Ive got the ruckus with a Castle 3800Kv sensored motor, 2s 5000 25c batt, metal gear pack, MIP axles and Servo saver delete and for some reason I keep breaking stuff in the drivetrain. I’ve gone through 2 metal gear packs 2 slipper clutches and broke an MIP steel axle tonight and I’ve only used a total of 4 charges. Tonight I was only runnin it for about 5 mins. I mean the trucks completely sick fast. I’m still running the stock pinion and spur gear. Anyone know what I can do to fix these problems

*Which MIP part# are you using?
- I have run mine a bit more than you are claiming, on both 2s and 3s with Castle 4106-4600kv and stock gearing. I have cart wheeled the model, slid upside on roof for 60ft, nailed a mailbox post at 30mph, jumped numerous times without letting off throttle and land/wheelie flip backwards..lol.(Literally abuse the model)
-When I installed my metal diff set, I packed the gear case with marine grease, I also opened the new diff and put some marine grease in it ontop of the factory grease.
-I have my slipper clutch set very tight(only one turn out from seated).....^^You did read that I am running the 87t 48p metal spur(ECX9001)...right?.....(I have the slipper clutch set too tight for most people's liking, as I can get the entire rear end of the truck to drift on asphalt under power out of a turn)....I never hear or notice it slip....always spins the tires on the asphalt, even while on a rolling acceleration. **(This is a big part of why plastic spurs and plastic tranny gears melt...when the slipper clutch is set loose or "as shown online" with a high power motor..and the clutch slips often, it generates heat, heat softens plastics.)
**The MIP driveshafts I used are the MIP#10130.(They are the x-duty keyed ones for the rear of the Traxxas 4x4 Slash) These work without any need to limit your shock travel and do not bind.
***With my set-up...what I wore out is the rear hubs. (the reason is simple...I am running full power, no punch control compensation, the steel pivot shafts for the hubs have "egged" the plastic holes out...and just today, The notorious horrible stock bearings in the rear fell apart.)
****I also noticed just now, that I am needing to disassemble the transmission halves and add some small washers to minimize the "in/out" slop in the out drives for the differential.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back