Cracked body fix

Austxhorn

Is there a way to fix little cracks on the body. The rear end on my Amp mt cracked on each side, Im guessing from it being lifted from there at the track. It doesn't look that bad now just dont want it to start creeping up into the top. Is there anything that will help hold it together or does everyone just run them till they need a new one?

if it gets any larger, you can refer to ultimate rc's shoe goo and dry wall tape, it seems like it works great!

Oh and let me add that is also makes it more durable to soak up the flip overs :)

I have done this so far, plasti dip, still broke. Metal hvac tape and gorilla tape. Worked for a while but I was doing back flips off of my legs/trees today and it broke again. Although the gorilla tape is still holding it together

I used a combination of shoe goo, and gorilla tape, and, so far so good

Is there a way to fix little cracks on the body. The rear end on my Amp mt cracked on each side, Im guessing from it being lifted from there at the track. It doesn't look that bad now just dont want it to start creeping up into the top. Is there anything that will help hold it together or does everyone just run them till they need a new one?
Regular shoegoo will work fine just make sure you use it outdoors or wear a breathing mask

Shoe goo ate the paint out of my body. I switched to silicone caulk and fiberglass drywall tape for a while. Now I use black silicone RTV gasket maker and fiberglass tape. I found it’s far superior to shoegoo.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/torment-body-noisy.1324

Check this conversation out. This might help you.
Here is some step by step photos I did up for my repairs.

Showing the damages
IMG_20180126_230505832.jpg
Wash it really good with dish soap and I used E6000 and glued up the cracks.
IMG_20180126_230531691.jpg

Cut and apply the fiberglass sheetrock/mud tape.
IMG_20180126_233425516.jpg

Sprayed a thin coat of the flex spray paint...refer to my link above what I have used.
IMG_20180126_234648632_LL.jpg

I used a paper towel to dab up moisture from the paint drying. At this time you will need to push the mesh tape down in some spots. I ran the paper towel across it or fingers. You will need to get in and get dirty, or use latex gloves. Once the first layer is kinda dry, spray another thin coat. I sprayed 3 coats.
IMG_20180127_002451422_LL.jpg

IMG_20180127_002510085_LL.jpg

This process has really repaired my broken up bodies.

Now, I just spray a thin layer of the flex paint after all my paint jobs.

This is not the 100% fix it forever, but it will make them bodies last longer. Plus get rid of that body noise, which you will also get from that other link.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back