Did I just junk BOTH of my Temper 2s???

Splunge

We have 2 cars for my boys. They are right at 1 year.... last years Xmas...

The Yellow one abruptly stopped steering. Forward and Reverse worked... Also of note the lightbar is now dim.

Figured the servo blew. So LHB fixes me up with a really nice spektrum. Get home plug it in... still nothing...

So now I'm thinking I have a fried receiver. So to check, I grab the OTHER BLUE Temper... Everything works. Swap the servo from the one I THOUGHT was busted. Now the steering doesn't work on BOTH cars!

From what I can tell, the brand new servo still works. I think the OLD servos AND the receivers are all fried. But this seems sooooo..... unlikely

Can a bad servo blow these receivers that easily?

Any troubleshooting/help appreciated.

Right now I have a cart full of new remotes/receivers, esc, and servos.... uhg.

I would first disconnect the servo from the steering at the servo horn and test if it works when the suspension/steering is not in the loop, only the electronics.

I would first disconnect the servo from the steering at the servo horn and test if it works when the suspension/steering is not in the loop, only the electronics.
Thanks! I did this. If I hold the servo to my ear I can barely hear some twitching, but I'm pretty sure it's done. Sadly, I think it fried the both my ESCs too!

I need to find a way to test these things without risking other parts.

Thanks! I did this. If I hold the servo to my ear I can barely hear some twitching, but I'm pretty sure it's done. Sadly, I think it fried the both my ESCs too!

I need to find a way to test these things without risking other parts.

What I do is hook them up on the bench. I usually leave the ESC in the truck but pull out the receivers and servos, hook them all up and test them.

Sounds like that servo may have stripped gears. I would pull it apart so you can see if the gears are stripped or it is electrical. Do you have another ESC or receiver to test with? I picked up a couple of DumboRC transmitters, receivers and a couple extra receivers this summer so I have a few to test with. The receiver and servo in the Redcat we have died and I was able to isolate the issue easily with the extra bits I have around. It's nice to have a extra receivers and ESCs around for this. I have the stock ESC and receiver combo from my son's ECX Amp that I use to test servos.

I have yet to kill one of the cheap KS-3518s from Banggood, although I am aware that by stating that publicly I have just doomed all of them. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back