Different Color Aluminum Parts?

hoowahfun

So my son's birthday is coming up and he wants to upgrade some parts for his Amp MT. Looks like all the available aluminum pieces are that anodized blue color....just wondering if there are other colors available out there I don't know about? Haven't found anything online. I would like to avoid painting these because I don't think that will hold up well....Thanks!

Has anyone tried their hand at painting or anodizing their own aluminum parts? Anodizing seems like you could get a few good colors, but a big pain to do.

Speaking of which, I watched a "how to" last night on the Youtubz, about this very thing, anodizing at home.
Doesn't seem very hard to do, more prep work than anything, but if you are only doing a few parts it may not be worth it money wise or time wise.
But the other offhand thing is, they can't be already anodized? ie....you cant turn a blue anodized part into a red one.
I suppose one could go black, but the black color would be inconsistent, unless you are using the same red parts.

I also watched one on "creokote"? Not sure I spelt that correctly or not, but it seemed way more involved than anodizing, but the coating it supposed to be superior.

Edit: BTW it is Cerakote ceramic coating.(y)

Last edited:
I'll have to check it out tonight maybe. My thought on the existing anodizing was to just sandblast it off with soda powder or something similar that won't be as aggressive on the metal.

You can use oven cleaner to de-anodize the aluminium parts. Spray and wipe off after a couple min. I've never done it, but seen it done on YouTube in an older rcsparks video.
Ever think of powder coating? Had a trials bike done years ago, could take a hammer to it and it wouldn't chip. Not sure how it would work on small parts though, kinda thick, might interfere with tight tolerances, and would have to retap threaded holes. Kinda talked myself out of that one...

Hmmmm I wonder if the oven cleaner would work on the blue Hot Racing parts or any aftermarket anodized parts, not that I don't like the color blue mind you.

Never thought about powder coating...guess that could work too, would just have to teach myself how to do that also lol. Guess we'll see what the kiddo wants, he may be fine with blue for all I know o_O

Members online

No members online now.
Back