Differential outside gears keep stripping.

Dmg1ndun

I had to replace the front/rear diff.gears after losing front wheel drive. And not even 2 months later im having to replace them again. Im running a 3s lipo. Has anyone had this problem? if anyone knows of a soution?
15460915735666139519243981642532.jpg

So what happens when u go off jumps ic your holding down the throttle is in air your car wheels speed up (drivetrain), cause there is no load on them, when land then all the load is immediately back and something is going to take the force(damage)

So take jumps however fast you want in air release throttle wheels on ground go for it

Under throttle? U mean holding throttle down?
So what happens when u go off jumps ic your holding down the throttle is in air your car wheels speed up (drivetrain), cause there is no load on them, when land then all the load is immediately back and something is going to take the force(damage)
Going with 3S power, you certainly are going to need to have the slipper clutch set up properly to take some of the stress off the driveline while them big tires are coming in for a landing.

Also keep an eye out for blown bearings in the diff gearboxes along with excessive movement from ring, and pinion gears.

Going with 3S power, you certainly are going to need to have the slipper clutch set up properly to take some of the stress off the driveline while them big tires are coming in for a landing.

Also keep an eye out for blown bearings in the diff gearboxes along with excessive movement from ring, and pinion gears.
I notice some play in the slipper clutch to drive shaft.is that normal?

Had a very similar issue with an old Savage I used to bash and the solution was shimming my pinion gear to correct the mesh. I’ve never worked on a 4x4 Ruckus so I can’t say for sure if this would work for you but it’s worth checking when reassembling with new parts. Also, it’s a good idea to replace both gears (ring & pinion) at the same time as one can cause the other to fail. And as mentioned above, grease it well.

I used some steel shims that came with a set of disk brakes for my mountain bike. Can’t speak for the thickness but they were literally paper-thin. Try your LHS. If they can’t help you could ask a good bicycle shop or maybe try Grainger.

I have a torment 4x4 and when I gun the throttle all I hear is a bad clicking noise I open the rear differential it looks ok put it back in still same noise what could be the problem?

How are you adjusting the ring and pinion gears? Shim washers?

Members online

No members online now.
Back