Disappearing two-wheel-drives

RoyRoy

Ecx seems to offer more 2wd RC’s than most, presumably because of the lower price-point and simplicity. 2wd’s have their fans, but overall, there aren’t a whole lot of 2wd’s offered, compared the the 4wd platform. (Even in dedicated street cars)

Do you think we’ll continue to see a decline in the 2wd platform as prices continue to come down on 4wd offerings, and the 4wd platform remains “all the rage?” Or, will there ever be a resurgence of the 2wd in popularity? -thoughts?-

Ecx seems to offer more 2wd RC’s than most, presumably because of the lower price-point and simplicity. 2wd’s have their fans, but overall, there aren’t a whole lot of 2wd’s offered, compared the the 4wd platform. (Even in dedicated street cars)

Do you think we’ll continue to see a decline in the 2wd platform as prices continue to come down on 4wd offerings, and the 4wd platform remains “all the rage?” Or, will there ever be a resurgence of the 2wd in popularity? -thoughts?-
I, myself thought I “had to have” a 4wd, until I bought an MT. Now I (with my kids) am laughing all the way to the bank!

There will not be a resurgence. 4wd is better performing, especially off road. I think we are where we are and I see no reason for any big shift either way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back