drive shaft upgrade instal issue

BabyDyke415

I purchased the Hot Racing steel cv drive shaft with hubs - ecx 2wd (SECT288). I got it from a hobby store in person to make sure I got the right item for my truck. Ok, bare with me as I don't know all the names of these pieces... anyway, I was attatching the pieces that use a pin/set screw to the ?differential? One went on just fine but on the other one the set screw/pin wouldn't go through the hole to attatch it. I tryed everything thinking maybe it just needed to be worked in or whatever. No success. I re packaged it to bring back for a replacement... did I do something wrong? I mean if one went on fine the other should have also? Right? For now I put the plastic one back in... I just want input/advice on if it was just a defective piece or if I'm just that defective lol :)

I can't say from here whether the part is problematic in some way, but these things are always finicky. If you have it lined up 1/10 of a mm off, it won't go. I use frantic wiggling coupled with expletives.

Another trick is to poke a toothpick through the hole first. This will line them up after which the pin should slide in easier.

I can't say from here whether the part is problematic in some way, but these things are always finicky. If you have it lined up 1/10 of a mm off, it won't go. I use frantic wiggling coupled with expletives.

Another trick is to poke a toothpick through the hole first. This will line them up after which the pin should slide in easier.
It was a defective piece, I had to return it and they didn't have another in the store so I got a tool kit instead which I should have anyway

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back