Early low voltage mode

Prinfarl

Hey folks, just bought a torment and the thing is great. Only issue is sometimes it will run a short time and go into low voltage mode. It will run 10 to 15 minutes still. I asked the hobby store I got it from what was happening and they tested everything and said it was fine and I should just shut off the truck and turn it back on but that seems like an odd fix. Everything is stock. I have two batteries and both do the same thing. Had the charger tested as well. I've seen a few posts about running in nimh mode with the lipo batteries but don't want to damage anything.

Which torment do you have?

Perhaps the low voltage alarm is set too high? Have you verified cell voltages when this occurs?

Which torment do you have?

Perhaps the low voltage alarm is set too high? Have you verified cell voltages when this occurs?
I have the 2wd version, really new so don't have the equipment to test the batteries. Just starting with this type of rc. Never had lipos before.

I have the 2wd version, really new so don't have the equipment to test the batteries. Just starting with this type of rc. Never had lipos before.

Which version of the 2wd? Brushed or brushless?

I'd really recommend getting a multi-meter for trouble shooting. You can get them at any home or auto store, cheap units can be had for under $30. Another possibility is to buy a LiPo cell checker, you can get them for under $10, but their functionality is much more limited.

Which version of the 2wd? Brushed or brushless?

I'd really recommend getting a multi-meter for trouble shooting. You can get them at any home or auto store, cheap units can be had for under $30. Another possibility is to buy a LiPo cell checker, you can get them for under $10, but their functionality is much more limited.
I have the brushed version. I actually should have a multimeter laying around somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back