Ecx Amp - aftermarket driveshaft help ?

Music411

Running a castle sct 3800kv brushless in my amp mt.
Stock driveshafts suck... wrecked many.
Hot racing hop ups... sucked, wrecked parts on those.
I've heard good things about the traxxas vxls with a little bit of modification work well ?
I've adjusted my slipper many times from tighter to looser either way it doesn't really make a difference...
Any suggestions ?

I got traxxas heavy duty shafts, still plastic, part 6852x and I made them work with minimal modifications (see this post).

This could mean that the vxls (6852r?) can also be made to fit, but I haven't looked into it.

And how are the holding up so far ?
I assumed aluminium driveshafts would be better, but maybe finding some good plastic ones are the way to go, since they have a bit of flex.

They work fine for me but my power train is mild, 3100KV goolrc brushless on 2s. The outdrive cup is much stronger than the stock ecx one.

Sweet... ill order those up and try em out.
I'm looking into ordering some proper allen tools, what sizes do I need specifically ? I usually just use what's lying around and I'm tired of it.

I think I've only used the 1.5mm metric and 1/16" allen keys on mine. This kind of sucks, they are really close in size but you can easily round out the metric one when you use it on an imperial screw. The stainless key that comes with the Amp is softer than butter too.

I bought a $3 bag of 20 metric and 20 imperial sizes in hardened steel. No nice box, no ergonomic handle, but they work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back