ECX AMP into ECX Boost, Help

P0SEID0N2025

Hello, I am looking into getting an ECX Boost body for my ECX AMP and I'm wondering how and if my esc would fit. My esc is an ONYX esc that came with a 3000kv brushless motor. It looks like the esc would be too tall for the body and i want to keep the fan on the esc too. My esc is mounted on the left side of the chassis if you're standing behind the truck. I'm not sure what to do.
Should I get a different buggy body? if so, which ones will fit with my esc the way it is?

Could you post a couple pictures? Hard to see what your options are otherwise.

You could always cut a hole and have the heat sink/fan stick out a little. Better airflow and cooler ESC that way too. Reminds me of my dad’s old Arctic Cat El Tigre with the cylinder heads sticking out of the hood. ?

Could you post a couple pictures? Hard to see what your options are otherwise.

You could always cut a hole and have the heat sink/fan stick out a little. Better airflow and cooler ESC that way too. Reminds me of my dad’s old Arctic Cat El Tigre with the cylinder heads sticking out of the hood. ?
Sure, Here's a pic:image.jpg

I see, thanks. Even if you put a lower profile fan on it and got it to fit you would not have much airflow to keep that ESC cool. I would just cut a hole so the fan sticks out.

I would make an air scoop over the fan and see how it looks. Might look cool. If not, just let it stick out for that modified look. ?

2.8 six pack. On 2s very little. On 3s a little more but not bad. My proline badlands on my slash are about the same. So bad. Not in my experience. Unless they are tapped or belted they will balloon.

2.8 six pack. On 2s very little. On 3s a little more but not bad. My proline badlands on my slash are about the same. So bad. Not in my experience. Unless they are tapped or belted they will balloon.
By the way, How does the bandit body fit? Any mods? Oh and the front body posts are removable. Just fyi

This my Tramp! It started life as an AMP MT kit, but it now has a Boost chassis and body.
Tramp1.jpg
Tramp2.jpg
The motor is an EZRun 4000 kV with standard gearing and oversize rear wheels. The FrSky 4 channel receiver is in the home-made water proof box on the left side of the picture. The Gyro is mounted on top of the battery clip. I usually run this car off-road and it has a tendency to swap ends under full power; the Gyro makes it a bit more manageable. On the right of the picture is the GPS unit, with an Arduino Nano translating the NMEA output to FrSky telemetry format. To stop the ESC from interfering with the GPS signal, the GPS antenna is mounted right up the front under the steering mechanism. The telemetry display on my Taranis X9 Lite transmitter shows me ground speed, battery voltage, percent battery remaining and signal strength .

With a 3S battery, Tramp will do 47 mph on grass, which requires careful driving. Accidental cartwheels seem to go on for ever!

Members online

No members online now.
Back