ECX AMP MT - M4 Locknuts for tires (ECX1060)

hoogax

Hey guys, I made some great upgrades recently to my buggy following a lot of the advice on here (Kinexsis brushless motor, 2S LiPo, Flysky FS-GT3B). This thing flies now. We've taken it out a couple times and have been having a blast with it. However, for some reason, the locknut holding the back left tire on has fallen off twice. The first time I got lucky and found it, but I haven't been able to find it the second time.

I believe the part I need is the ECX1060 M4 Locknut Flanged. They go for like $6 on ebay for a pack of 4. That seems awfully high, especially if I keep having this problem. I'm thinking I should be able to find a cheap one for pennies at the hardware store. Does anyone know the actually size of this nut or a cheap place to order them?

Thanks for the help!

Found these at Home Depot for less than 40 cents for a two pack. For anyone else that is looking for replacement lock nuts on the cheap, it's just a 4mm, .7 thread.
Link

That's a good find, but you might want to back those up with a washer. You'll notice that wheel nuts have a flange that helps distribute the load over a larger surface around the spindle threads. They also have a serrated side that helps prevent loosening.

That's a good find, but you might want to back those up with a washer. You'll notice that wheel nuts have a flange that helps distribute the load over a larger surface around the spindle threads. They also have a serrated side that helps prevent loosening.
Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I was actually thinking the same. I'll have to find a washer to use.

These are my "go-to" for wheel nuts on my non-racing cars: Traxxas 5mm steel nut 5147X US$3.50 (depending on where you buy) for eight nuts. They're steel and have a nice flange on them.

Members online

Back