WTB ECX AMP MT upgrade parts

Wondering if you have installed the Traxxas 3643's in the rear of your truck yet? I installed mine last night, and I'm having an issue with the mounting point rubbing the drive shaft.

I had this Problem too with my traxxas one at the rear. I just modified it a bit and took off a bit from the plastic mount.

20190406_165344.jpg

I had this Problem too with my traxxas one at the rear. I just modified it a bit and took off a bit from the plastic mount.

View attachment 4870
It looks like the ball cup is not properly seated. Its fully seated yo one side of rge ball when it should be in the middle. You can also grind off part of the flange on the steel ball. Each side has a flange. Grind down the taller of the two. Use a small metal washer in place of the flange you ground off. I didn't grind any off mine. It rubs the drive shafts a very tiny amount but mine is installed with the shorter of the flanges up against the plastic and the taller side facing the drive shaft. If you ground off the taller side, placed a washer on the screw, and then screwed it in it would be just fine and would give you the clearance your looking for.

Reseat the ball cup on the steel ball for the turnbuckle end. Its not on properly.
Turn the turnbuckle so the longer of the flanges on the steel ball is facing the drive shaft where the head of the screw would end up being when you screw it in. Before doing that, grind off the flange I circled in red, put a small washer on the screw, and then screw it in where the washer would butt up against the ball of where the flange that you ground off used to be and the head of the screw. Basically after grinding off the flange it would look like a steel ball with a hole at one end and a short flange with a hole at the other end. I used a 2mm button head screw because the head has a very low profile.

Attachments

• 2019-04-16 14.48.06.png
    2019-04-16 14.48.06.png
    489.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reseat the ball cup on the steel ball for the turnbuckle end. Its not on properly.
Turn the turnbuckle so the longer of the flanges on the steel ball is facing the drive shaft where the head of the screw would end up being when you screw it in. Before doing that, grind off the flange I circled in red, put a small washer on the screw, and then screw it in where the washer would butt up against the ball of where the flange that you ground off used to be and the head of the screw. Basically after grinding off the flange it would look like a steel ball with a hole at one end and a short flange with a hole at the other end. I used a 2mm button head screw because the head has a very low profile.

Damn... havent noticed that it popped out. Thanks for that.
And i didn't have anything to grind it down that's why i did it that way and it worked fine. For the next time i will definitely grind it down and do it the different way

Your local hobby shop, ebay, and amazon are good options. Here is a list of parts I am using to upgrade mine.
Traxxas 3643 Turnbuckles for front & rear
Traxxas 3644 Turnbuckles for front steering
Traxxas 3678 wheelie bar
ECX9001 Metal trans gears
RPM 73492 Servo Saver Eliminator
Fan & heat sink
Hot Racing HRASECT887 Spur Gear 87T
Hot Racing HRASECT288X06 Drivshafts
Hot Racing ECT0806 Front Suspension Mnt
Hot Racing ECT2806 Front Shock Tower
Hot Racing ECT1906 Caster Blocks
Hot Racing ECT2106 Steering Knuckles
Hot Racing ECT2206 Rear Knuckles
RPM 70582 Front Arms
RPM 70462 Rear Arms
RPM 70672 Gear Cover
as you go thru this list you will find what you need first. A new brushless motor/esc combo (peopele are having decent luck with Goolrc).
A new receiver and transmitter to ditch the stock combo receiver/esc.
Aluminum Shocks.
If you want to run the stock transmitter you need ECX 13003 Receiver V3
What model ECX do you own

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back