ecx new user question

leed70

hello name is lee
purchased an 1/18 scale short course truck yesterday from local hobby store ( upgrading from gptoys rc )
set the battery up on charge for 9 hours
put fresh out of box AA batteries in transmitter
come this morning to test and use transmitter shows to 2 full red lights
my understanding is one red one green should be good
what would the 2 solid lights on transmitter signify

thank you

side note the car does run and runs well but have 2 consistent red solid lights on transmitter

Attachments

• 20190416_062806.jpg
    20190416_062806.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190416_062746.jpg
    20190416_062746.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
Looking at the same manual you show in your picture, I believe that ECX must have changed transmitters. It is clearly not the unit shown.

If you can tell us the model of the transmitter you have we could look up the manual for that. Likely though, your transmitter just uses two red LEDs instead of a green and a red.

sure thing not sure on the model number of trans
hers some more pics . this all came out of box new

spmstx200

your transmitter just uses two red LEDs
so if this is the case how do you know when its needs to be replaced
as well i cant tell if battery is fully charged or not i let it go for 9 hours but no lights or anything makes it hard to tell if its over charged

does the transmitter lights have anything to do with car battery it self

thank you

Attachments

• 20190416_083329.jpg
    20190416_083329.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20190416_083340.jpg
    20190416_083340.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4
Solid red lights: Indicates radio connectivity and adequate battery power• Flashing red lights: Indicates the battery voltage is critically low. Replace batteries

ok so ive answered my own question with some help from you which led me to
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMSTX200-Manual-EN.pdf

so i guess my next question would be the car battery itself . like i said above i cant tell if its charged , the charger has no lights and im still in question if transmitter displays anything related to car battery itself or do i just wing it after 9 hours of charging

ty

You will need a multimeter to read the voltage on the battery. You have a 6 cell nimh battery that comes with the truck (unless that has changed too?). Which means full charge should be (1.5V x 6) 9V. Your battery is 900mAh and your stock charger does 100mA per hour. That means it takes 9 hours to FULLY charge. That varies though on how much you have depleted the battery.

I don't see info on a low voltage cutoff on your ESC, so I assume it has none.

Your transmitter does not give you information on the trucks battery.

na for now keeping it simple i have 2 cars .. a gptoys rc for the son and this one for myself

i ended up purchasing another battery and a charger (20bcks) at my local hobby store .

ty again for your help and replies

Attachments

• 20190416_110631.jpg
    20190416_110631.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
20 for charger 15 for battery .. but still even if over priced a bit didn't have to wait got out there with boy today and we ran a good 15 min with 1 extra battery each .. that charger made all the difference literally charging battery in an hour over 9 or so and it tells me when its fully charged

Most RTR chargers suck. They are cheap and not very powerful but they keep costs down. They also wont allow a user to overcharge the batteries (too high amps for the pack mah size). General rule charge at a 1c rate i.e. 1a for every 1000mah.

Members online

No members online now.
Back