Ecx ruckus 1/10: wheels don’t move with resistance

Gschimma

hi, have the above truck, actually 2. having some problems with one truck. the motor spins and the wheels will spin without resistance. holding each wheel independently the other will spin. holding both at the same time the motor will continue to spin. doing this on the other truck and it will just out of my hands. i replaced a worn hex on one of the tires. people mention the slipper clutch. how do i know if the pads are bad? took both trucks apart and they look similar. is there another component past the slipper clutch, like in the transmission? stumped.

It’s most likely the slipper clutch- what does your pinion and spur gear look like? What sort of noise does it make when you go full throttle holding the wheels?

Seems likely the slipper clutch or the spur gear. That is the designed weak point. Pull the cover off of the gearbox and test it again so you can see what is turning and what isn’t. Post a picture or video.

had this happen to me. if its not the slipper clutch it could be one of the rear axles has let go inside. To check this. you need to hold the spur gear still and turn both wheels by hand, one will slip if this is the case

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back