ECX ruckus 1/18 motor temperature?

xylos

Hello,

I'm really a newbie on RC cars. (and I'm working for my two childrens ;-)

The first try of my Ruckus 1/18, are disappointing me!? (we have two then I can compare... but seams that they are reacting similarly)

first the battery life is very short even after several charges and even with a more power full battery, 900 and 1750mAh... allows me to play 4-5 minutes...

and after 4-5 minutes the motor is very hot! not measured but we can get the warm directly trough out the chassis on the back side (battery load side)! (we can touch the motor with finger but not keep it on the motor...)

is this normal? or should I look on some adjustment or else?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

@xylos Motor temp on the ECX Ruckus 1/18th scale is going to be around the 150F degrees or so and run time greatly depends on a number of factors from the surface you're running on to your driving style, but you should expect to see run times in the 5-10 minute time frame.

Thanks for your replay,
now, after few day of intensive usage, the battery seams to be more powerfull... the motor still comming hot, hope it will not burn.

Thanks for your replay,
now, after few day of intensive usage, the battery seams to be more powerfull... the motor still comming hot, hope it will not burn.
well its brushed motor and from my past experience brushed motors love to get hot and burn out. I bought my Ruckus with the plan to upgrade to brushless. Here is what I plan to use http://www.ebay.com/itm/252000678063?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2650&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT you will also need a new transmitter and receiver to run the brushless. There is also a washer that needs to be drilled and placed between the new motor and housing. So not exactly plug and play but not too bad. Its about a $60 dollar upgrade

thanks ZipSnipe for you message,

I found several parts that can convert this ruckus on Brushless... (thanks for the link) but I will not do it now... as it looks a bit complex.

Then I will first do the Complete Shocks upgrade and after all upgrade done then I will think about Brushless ;-)

but it will take time.

Currently I'm, and my two boys too!very happy with this ruckus... even if it looks like the Rear Transmision is allready out :-(

hello, I was looking on the
1/14 Mini Desert Truck, 4WD, RTR (LOS01007)
parts list As I would like to order his receiver... but the receiver do not appear on the list!?
do some one have the cat number of it?

Thanks

Members online

Back